I feel shut out from my siblings.

bart

I'm a 19 year old female, I have two brothers, ages 15 & 16. I've been fighting an ongoing battle the past..probably 3+ years, trying to get them to like me.

It seems like they're a "team", they talk badly about me/make fun of me, they completely ignore me and basically act like I don't exist, they make negative comments at anything I say, they're really just..HORRIBLE. I feel like I'm at my wits end. I realize they're teenage boys, and as brothers..they will be closer than they would be to me anyway.

I've tried talking to my dad about this. He says it's my fault, I'm the oldest, I should try, etc. But I DO. It's SO hard to WANT to keep trying when they just make snotty remarks at anything I say/do. I'm not sure what to do anymore.

My mom's usually my best friend, but this week she's decided to stop talking to me as well. But, she does that sometimes. I feel like I have no one. I feel left out of my own family. Any advice would help, I think I just had to get this out because it's been eating away at me for some time.

Archived