Is it bad to write poems?

trixie

hi ........i have a question about me writing poems.well i use to cut and i stopped.after i stopped i started to write poems.i never cryed or laughed or feltany kind of emotion .i hurt to feel nothing, but i couldent... so i wrote, i wrote about death, rape, murder anything i thought of.it all reminded me of my life and how i felt. and i was just wandering if its a bad thing to write those???

Hi trixie,

Writing poems about those subjects may be helping you to vent all of your feelings but it does not neccessarily make you feel better about yourself. I would try to write about more happy things such as a great future, love, happiness, and more things along those lines so that you are not constantly reminding yourself of how you feel or have felt in the past.

It may just help you to feel happy and good about yourself, if it doesnt then find something else that does. Anything can make you feel good when you enjoy doing it, for me that is posting on here, going out with mates and working out. Maybe you could find some things that work for you.

abcd1234

you may not have felt as if you put any emotion into your poems but there were feelings to intitially start the poem or atleast be given a result in the sense a final poem to be wrote. there is nothing wrong with writing the way you do, another person may draw whilst thinking about similar experiances, another mat cut. its all methods of releasing thoughts within your own mind, as long as their is nothing physical against another you arent doing wrong, you are merely expressing a vision.

dont worry.

kel