Open Club  ·  110 members  ·  Free

Journals

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Perhaps it was the universe keeping me safe.

I really like that sentiment.

I like to believe that everything happens for a reason, but I didn't dare say anything like that yesterday!!

We have some very spoiled cats OG... but it's hard to stay mad

lol! I think everyone was afraid to say this too me, even my mum was like 'well, things... yeah' lol

Yes we do. Jasper knows when he had done somethign wrong too because he gets SOOO cute. And he knows when mommy is upset. All yesterday he was very attentive and loving to me.

I don't tend to believe in the "everything happens for a reason." Or, there is a reason, maybe just not a mystical one. Airlines are trying to increase their profits in every way possible, from charging you for snacks, baggage, etc.... i'm just waiting for the day you have to pay to use the bathroom. flights are being sold out, in fact, overbooked, consistently on every flight, having to bump passengers when they overbook. every flight i've been on in the past 2 years has been booked to capacity, no empty seats. if you miss your flight, you're going to have a hard time getting on the next one. i don't see this as 'fate' in that way - rather, it's a commentary on the airline industry. i always try to get to the airport 3-4 in advance for international flights, because you never know what the lines at screening and customs will be like. i also bring a big fat book in case i get through the lines quickly.

I say again, I bult 2 hours and 45 minutes into the schedule before I had to be there. To me that pretty resonable. As for it being fate, I dont think in regards to the flight, but that accident? Maybe, maybe not. If it was a toss up between not going to the US to get married and dying, I'm glad the former was the case.

I think everything did happen for a reason, and it's just not me having to learn to deal with the unexecpted issue. I don't believe in a 'higher power' per say but I do believe the universe or whatever is up there does step in and odd things happen because of it. That and, we all have people watching out for us. You know the bus was 25 minutes late and if it had been on time CS would have been in the wreck. There was a reason the bus was late and not just to save CS's life, there were other people on that bus.

It's like with 9/11. It was a horrible thing that happened but there was a reason certain people didn't go in that morning or a reason certain went some were...

It's like with 9/11. It was a horrible thing that happened but there was a reason certain people didn't go in that morning or a reason certain went some were...

the problem with this rationale to me is that then it is saying that the 3000 people who DID die were meant to die. i don't buy that at all. it was an act of terror and violence by a small group.

i guess in the end, you can believe or justify things as having a higher power, higher reason, if that helps you. i just look at the practical side of things.

the problem with this rationale to me is that then it is saying that the 3000 people who DID die were meant to die. i don't buy that at all. it was an act of terror and violence by a small group.

i guess in the end, you can believe or justify things as having a higher power, higher reason, if that helps you. i just look at the practical side of things.

Well, I do look at it like that I suppose. It was an act of terror yeah but those people were on the planes for whatever reason. People missed those planes by like 5 minutes and weren't alloweed to get on them, for some reason we don't know. Things happen, or that's the way I chose to look at the world I guess. There are reason people have near death experiences without dying and there are reasons people die for no apparent reason. Life is about choices we ourselves make and those around us make.

in a funny way I came to terms with it alot earlier because I was sat in the queue.

I know that feeling of slowly sitting there in traffic while it dawns on you that you are not going to make it - it's the most dreadful feeling because your heart keep holding onto hope that the traffic will clear even while your head tells you it's not going to happen. That feeling of hope in a sinking ship is just the worst feeling ever and I can see how sitting through that would give you a lot of time to come to terms with the reality of the situation.

You did a great job on the flowers CS .. my H has only ever once gotten flowers delivered to me (his mum always thought flowers were a waste and didn't like them so for some reason I never get them) - and I still remember how awesome I felt and how much their brightness and beauty in the room made me feel so good.

We met a couple on a trip once that had been married 20+ years and said that keeping the romance alive was the key - I think you'll be great at that.

I totally agree- perhaps because I knew a number of people who died or who were stuck down there and went through the trauma of escaping.

But one thing we can all say, whether we believe in fate or a higher power or not - is that we can never know what would have happened if we had done things differently in the past. For that reason it's pointless to sit there and say "I wish I'd done this" or "I wish I'd done that" in the past in order to have achieved a different outcome in the future - because you have no idea what would have actually happened. So things happen as they happen - the wise just have to take the present and live it the best they can.

I think everything did happen for a reason, and it's just not me having to learn to deal with the unexecpted issue. I don't believe in a 'higher power' per say but I do believe the universe or whatever is up there does step in and odd things happen because of it. That and, we all have people watching out for us. You know the bus was 25 minutes late and if it had been on time CS would have been in the wreck. There was a reason the bus was late and not just to save CS's life, there were other people on that bus.

Most people who were there were there for the mundane reason that they worked for a living and that was the time they needed to be there. I believe it was timed with that in mind. It's unfortunately that simple.

Archived