Open Club  ·  110 members  ·  Free

Journals

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm so sorry OG..

Hopefully he'll be able to get on some flight soon. If he explains his situation, they may be able to help him out. Miracles do happen.

Thank you JD. I know they do... just, not feeling at the top of the list for a miracle right now.

I hate when people get like how I am now, only looking at the negative aspect of it. I just can't look at the bright side right now. Maybe in a few hours I can but right now, I'm wallowing. And I dont' care that I am.

Ohh I wouldn't be able to either, it's understandable! Before Christmas it snowed loads and I hadn't seen Tom in a few weeks. He was supposed to be coming to see me but then it snowed loads again. He spent hours trying to get here but the traffic was so bad. I cried for hours and that was nothing really. I'm really bad, I can't look at the positive during times like this either.

It's worth having a look at. Hopefully Delta will be able to do something though or give him some more information at least. On airport shows I've seen these things happen and the airline's sometimes been able to get them on another flight at another airport.

Just had a look at the traffic reports for you. Do you know which road he's on? Is it the M25? The only accident I can see for the M25 says it should be moving again by 3pm (it's 2:20pm atm). So hopefully (if that's the right one I'm looking at) it won't be too long before at least they're moving again and hopefully he'll be at the airport soon.

I've missed international flights as well. what CS needs to do is go to the airport, be calm, don't yell at the people behind the desk, but have them rebook him on the next flight out. it might be a different route, ie, he might be flying through canada or mexico or minneapolis or some really weird route, but he needs to do that. i also actually had to pay $500 !!! so, sometimes it happens. i am ultra paranoid when it comes to flights so i get to the airport about 4 hours early for an international flight. i'd rather be bored at the terminal than freaking out in traffic.

big hugs. i hope he gets there very soon.

It just costs more $$ for you to go there in April and you will see him for less time than if he pays the $200 and just comes on Friday.

I also think that he should - politely - argue a bit more with the Delta rep and put his foot down. I mean surely there are spots before Friday, since you can still buy new tickets on the website. I also know of many people who got re-routed the next day for free when they missed the flight and it was 100% their fault, so surely something more can be done than this 200 for Friday thing.

Archived