Open Club  ·  110 members  ·  Free

Journals

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hate people who post facebook statuses just to get a reaction out of someone. If you don't want to tell people what surgery you are having, don't post it on facebook where, gee, people are going to ask what kind of surgery you are having.

people drive me crazy. haha.

Yes but it is still expensive, even for toddlers it can cost that much or more depending on the suburb.

My friend is paying $80 for her 6 month and $60 for the 3 year old, per day.

We will be paying 18k a year after my leave is up. That's also with a discount because I'm an alumna.

Prices are ridiculous and they are only getting higher.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can see why many moms opt to stay home with their babies for a while instead of going right back to work. Yes, it is so expensive.

I had a job that required me to visit a lot of daycares in the area... many of the people that worked there were single moms because, since working there meant their kids could be there for free, that's all they could afford to do (especially when the dads were not consistent with child support).

Haha, right?

On an unrelated note, who the H can afford daycare for a baby??? The prices are insane.

Back 17 years ago they wanted $900 a month in my area. I most DIED! Thank GOD my mother looked after him. But still I paid her $30 a day.

I don't even think my mom would take money from us, even if we secretly stuffed it in her purse. We def. would not do to her what my sister does with Tyler. If our work schedules are the same when it comes to that time, we would only need her to watch them 3 days a week though.

Daycare...yeah. Ideally, I'd like to avoid that issue at all. My Mom is not the type of Mom to be babysitter grandma. She raised 4 kids pretty much on her own. She's done Alex's Mom would be all over it, however.

OG, so things haven't gotten any better hey? Sorry to hear...

Daycare...yeah. Ideally, I'd like to avoid that issue at all. My Mom is not the type of Mom to be babysitter grandma. She raised 4 kids pretty much on her own. She's done Alex's Mom would be all over it, however.

OG, so things haven't gotten any better hey? Sorry to hear...

My mom is the all over it type as well, haha. She's raised her 3 though, she should only have to babysit (now raise like with Tyler).

Not really. We had plans to meet on mine and L's way back from the beach. We left a day early though so I texted her letting her know. She commented something like 'I figured as much'. I asked her what she meant by that and she never responded. I decided to be the bigger person and texted her today asking how school was going for her and it was just so weird. It felt like that conversation you have with an ex who you were once close to and you bump into on the streets years later....

Haha, right?

On an unrelated note, who the H can afford daycare for a baby??? The prices are insane.

Here for full time (I didn't need it but I saw the quotes) it would have been $1,300/month for a 4 year old, 10 hours a day, 5 days a week. We didn't have any immediate family who could babysit, ever, and we rarely used babysitters. One of my relatives was a mother's helper to me, part time last summer and I paid her $15/hour plus transportation costs. I know many people who get lots of help from the grandparents and I like when I see how appreciative the parents are - I think sometimes there's an amount of "entitlement" by the parents and I don't think that's fair. It's hard work!

No I def. agree. You have people like my sister who take advantage of the grandparent and just dump the kid off on them without a care to what the grandparent has to do. My mom knows we would never do that to her. The only times she would have to baby sit is when we are both at work, since I could easily arrange class time after work or online if I were still in school.

Sometimes I don't know how my mom did it with three kids and working two jobs. I can remember sleeping in the stockroom when mom had to work third at the gas station and a baby sitter would fall through. Then we would come home an she would cat nap while we watched Disney movies.

Back from our date night! It felt so good I just get out of the house and do something together. The movie wasn't too bad either. The best way I can describe it is Tolkein wrote the script while high on acid. Haha

No idea why I'm so tired though. I just sat in a theatre for two hours!

Archived