Open Club  ·  110 members  ·  Free

Journals

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well things have changed somewhat at work. I'm no longer in the area of my department I was in, as of the next schedule I will be back in the old area I was in a few years ago (housekeeping). For now nothing else will change. We were afraid they wouldn't let me move (a bunch of political crap within the department about why I wanted to move) and if they hadn't, L had told me to put my two weeks notice in. It didn't get to that thankfully.

We've also moved our beach trip next month up a weekend (as I misread my spring break dates) so we are now 30 days until our mini vacation!

I am. I did housekeeping today (I was scheduled to do it before everything went down yesterday) and I enjoyed it. It also helped that the area I was cleaning went to the manager of our department and complimented me on my cleaning and said they wanted me over there full time. First time in a while I've had something positive said about my work!

L and I had date night last night at Longhorns. We were suppose to go on Valentine's but he wanted to go last night and he bribed me with us going to this sushi place on Valentine's day. Man is using my sushi love against me!!

I'm so ready for this shift to end too. I've got a sociology exam due by midnight, thankfully all I have to do is pretty everything up and then email it away.

L and I ventured into town to grab some quick supper. While in Walmart we picked up an extra bedding set - we had been meaning to do so for a while now but with the incoming cold weather and possible power outages, we just went ahead and picked one up. I've already texted mom that if our power goes and it's out for awhile that us and her two furgrandkids would be coming to stay with her. If we can get to her, haha. L wanted to get the kids cat beds for the cold and I'm like that just isn't going to happen. Jasper will snuggle with us under the bed covers but Luna isn't going to lay in a cat bed.

We also picked up a coat rack which I have been dying to have for a few months now. Tired of just throwing jackets and my purse just anywhere.

Yeah, me too. My car was frozen shut this morning... Feel like I got my arm workout in just scraping the thick layers of ice off it. Snowed yesterday morning, then it rained, then it froze overnight. Our parking lot at work is a literal ice rink. Yuck! Stay safe B!

Geez! The next few days are going to be brutal here. It's still snowing and they aren't tiny flurries, they are big, puffy flakes. And then the ice is suppose to come in over night. Which means I won't be driving to work tomorrow (L wouldn't let me) but I get to slip and slide my way to work in the morning. Yay. Why can't it ever snow on like Sunday night or Monday morning so I don't have to go to work the next day?

Archived