Open Club  ·  110 members  ·  Free

Journals

It's something I could look into. Not now but maybe in the future.

L and I are currently catching up on HIMYM so we can watch the finale season in real time. I've never seen season 8 before (when we watched it last year Netflix ended at season 7) and while eating dinner we watched the proposal episode..... OH MY GOD!! So good! And then we argued why they weren't/were a good couple (I'm a Robin/Barney supporter, L is Robin/Ted).

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

season 8 is really kind of lame IMO. I was so disappointed. The show is at that point where they are running out of issues to create, so it feels like the same s* over and over. LOL. Alex and I don't like Robin at all. We don't know why Ted is so stuck on her or why Barney wants to marry her.

My autoimmune has decided to rear it's ugly, hivey, itchy head since I'm taking the antibiotics for my toe. Ugh. Infected toe or swollen hives? Such a hard decision. Doesn't help work was messed up and I was suppose to be off but went in to help.

Is there another antibiotic you could try? I'm allergic to penicillins, but I've never had a bad reaction to Keflex (though I may be resistant to Keflex now because when I was a teenager I didn't know about bacterial resistance =/).

Well she didn't want to take me off Bactrim. Since it's not an allergic reaction and my autoimmune that was dormant is now flaring up, she said the Bactrim should be doing its job. But I can take prednisone she said so that will help with the hives.

Bactrim for a toe infection? Sounds odd. But I'm no doctor.

sounds odd to me too, as a doctor of philosophy lol.

one thing that might help the infection is soaking your feet in a warm water bath mixed 50/50 with vinegar. soak for 15 minutes. that may help kill the bacteria on your feet. this is recommended for people with stinky feet too. haha.

Well it's an ingrown that is infected. Has been for awhile, I'm just now able to take the time off at the end of the month to have it cut out. However she won't cut it out if it's too infected - oozing, etc - so she have me that just to make sure it wasn't badly infected on the 28th when I have it cut out.

Well it's an ingrown that is infected. Has been for awhile, I'm just now able to take the time off at the end of the month to have it cut out. However she won't cut it out if it's too infected - oozing, etc - so she have me that just to make sure it wasn't badly infected on the 28th when I have it cut out.

It's just that Bactrim seems like an odd choice for a toe infection. I'd think that first antibiotic of choice would be a cillin or cephalosporin. It would be interesting to know why she chose Bactrim.

I am allergic to penicillin. Could that be it?

Yes, lol. Are you allergic to Keflex (cephalexin) too? That would be next choice, but a lot of times people that are allergic to penicillin are allergic to Keflex too, so maybe she didn't want to risk it.

why have I never shopped at Catos before? I am in love with that store now. L and I went to the local shopping center yesterday to look at some stores (just trying to kill time before we got dinner) and I saw that we had a Lane Bryant now so we went in. The big girl store let me down. None of their jeans fit. I could get them to fit in the waist and length but the crotch was too long. I left feeling rather defeated (and I can never take my husband into a Lane Bryant store again - something about the underwear and GTA parachute, I'm not even sure) but I decided to try Catos today because my boss had said some great things about it and Hers and Dang both gave it their nod.

Such an amazing experience in their. The saleswoman was amazing (if I could have tipped her I would) and she helped me find a pair of jeans that fit. That fit! In the waist, the length (apparently I'm a petite when I've been wearing average my whole life? Go figure) and the crotch. And they aren't huge on my legs. Then she introduced me to slimming underwear - no idea were those have been all my life. Those, jeans, and a shirt that actually fits and I haven't felt that good in clothes in years.

We've had an amazing two year anniversary!

We had breakfast at Waffle House (both of us were to lazy to cook), I did some clothes shopping, we both played a little on the xbox.... L gave me a neck rub while we watched HIMYM - the time travelers episode!!!!! - and afterward we had a lotion/spray bottle/shaving cream war. I not only got lotion down the back of his pants but I slathered shaving cream all over his chest. Then he thought he'd get smart and spray me with the cream while I was in te shower - I just turned the shower hose on him. Hahahaha, OG wins!

After that we watched Jurassic Park and are now headed to bed! And L starts work at the hospital Thursday!

Archived