Open Club  ·  110 members  ·  Free

Journals

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they seriously think it, haha.

It feels like I'm always fielding 'hows your husband doing' or 'when are you going to have a baby' questions. I got asked the latter this very morning at 6:30. I can barely put two words together at 6:30 am, the last thing I want is for you to be asking me personal questions while I'm nursing a coffee.

it boggles my mind why people ask questions like that. it doesn't affect their lives, and for all they know, one or both of you is infertile. i mean, if you were actually trying to have kids right now, and you couldn't, that would probably break your hearts. there's no need to be so insensitive.

I'm pretty sure that "Dear Prudence" has addressed this very issue multiple times. Maybe you should say, "Martha - thank you for your concern. I promise you, when I get knocked up, You'll be the FIRST person I tell."

hahaha! I never thought about the situation in which if we were trying and couldn't how that would be. It's just awkward right now. I mean, I'm use to being the black sheep because how I am is not how most people are in this part of the woods, but it's like 'for real?' My own mom isn't asking me when we are going to have kids. Although if school keeps going the way it is, we'll be having them much sooner, that's for sure.

What do you mean? Is school going really well or really poorly?

Really poorly. Pretty much failing A&P at this moment. It's not even that I can't input the information, it's just SO MUCH. If I were only taking the lecture part I might be okay. I could read, do flashcards, and study. But you have to take a lab at the same time and you have a test in lab every week. So you are studying for two different things. If I weren't working full time that would work but 8-9 hours of my day are already accounted for.

I don't know.. I need to talk to my advisor. Maybe switch goals here.

hey - i think you have a lot on your plate right now - full time work, part time school, hubby is home. I don't think you need to switch your goals necessarily, but maybe take a few less courses. or maybe just get better about studying? if you ever want science or math help, give me a call. i know i'm not there, but maybe i can talk you through a few things. i never took anatomy but maybe i could still be of help?

anyway - you are still young, so don't worry - you'll accomplish your educational goals, you can do it. it will help you get a better job too.

Full time school actually, which even if I were to only take the A&P class and no other class, it's just too much required to do and work full time. And there's only two A&P teachers and they created the program of how it's taught at my school so no retrying with a different teacher.

Thanks Annie.

I asked Jared before the reunion today what he plans to say or wants me to say if people ask us when we are having kids. He said be honest, that we can't have them, so that we make them feel like the . Haha

Honestly just tell people it's not their business or just respond "when we are ready" and just change the subject.

In a work meeting my having babies was mentioned and I turned bright red lol... it was something like "we all need to know how to do this, for when sherry goes off and gets married again..or has babies." If we were infertile, my heart would break every-time I see our signed photo matt from the wedding, because it's all about having children...

I asked Jared before the reunion today what he plans to say or wants me to say if people ask us when we are having kids. He said be honest, that we can't have them, so that we make them feel like the . Haha

Honestly just tell people it's not their business or just respond "when we are ready" and just change the subject.

Did anyone ask?

Luckily my family, although stereotypical in many ways, has never asked us. It baffles me not because we don't want kids (we obviously do) but let's just forget L is switching to a better job. Once he's here and making money we can look toward the next step in continuing our family. Just baffles me.

Really poorly. Pretty much failing A&P at this moment. It's not even that I can't input the information, it's just SO MUCH. If I were only taking the lecture part I might be okay. I could read, do flashcards, and study. But you have to take a lab at the same time and you have a test in lab every week. So you are studying for two different things. If I weren't working full time that would work but 8-9 hours of my day are already accounted for.

I don't know.. I need to talk to my advisor. Maybe switch goals here.

I know this is a long-shot, but have you considered a job that'll allow you to study while on the job? I know you've already got a good job, so you might not want to give that up. But for example, we have sitters that study while at work. I have no idea how much they make though!

I know how hard it can be though. I was going to school full time, and working nearly full time hours, and I always felt like I was having a nervous breakdown.

Archived