Open Club  ·  110 members  ·  Free

Journals

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's so exciting!

Also, I don't know if your local Walmart does this, but the Walmarts in my area have an employee discount. Current employees just show their card at checkout and they can get 10% off of EVERYTHING in the whole store. Like $100 worth of groceries? Bam, $90 after discount.

That's so exciting!

Also, I don't know if your local Walmart does this, but the Walmarts in my area have an employee discount. Current employees just show their card at checkout and they can get 10% off of EVERYTHING in the whole store. Like $100 worth of groceries? Bam, $90 after discount.

We do too. I can't remember if it's 10% or 20% but since we do the bulk of our grocery shopping there it'll be nice!

So we went to Applebee's last night to celebrate L officially getting the job and it was, by far, the worst experience I have ever had in a resturant. The server greeted us almost immediately and took our drink and appetizer order. We got our drinks quickly but after that it just went down hill. It took them 30 minutes to get our appetizer to us and in that time our server walked past us 7 or 8 times and never once refilled L's drink. In fact when she got back to us with the appetizer she asked if we needed anything else and L had to practically shake his empty glass at her for her to get him a refill. Then when we got our food she threw L's plate at him and neither of us had our sides and before L could say 'Can I have some BBQ sauce?' she had turned around and left. At this point there was no remaining Southerly calm for my husband. He caught the hostesses attention and asked to see the manager. At that point we found out we weren't the only table complaining - two other tables and asked to see the manager over her customer service.

One of the tables I'm sure was after a free meal. They specifically asked for the meal to be comped and when the manager asked them did they want anything else they were like, "Well we were going to order a desert'. L specifically told the manager we weren't after a free meal but she had the worst customer service he had ever seen. Halfway through eating our main meals we got our sides - cold - and I finally got the refill on my drink that I had been waiting on for at least 15 minutes. It was just a bad experience all around.

Archived