Open Club  ·  110 members  ·  Free

Journals

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

really, i am sooooo thankful i never met any of those characters!

when i was in costa rica, i did see a tarantula - it was funny, i went on a night time jungle tour, and they were showing us where a female tarantula lived - in a hollowed out log. we looked at her with flashlights. apparently, that's where the girls hang out, and wait for a guy tarantula to crawl into her hole. lol. heck of a saturday night, waiting for some guy to show up!!!

and once in costa rica, i had my hand on a tree, and i looked over, and there was a scorpion right by my hand. someone told me i was crazy, it wasn't hot enough for there to be scorpions, but damnit, i know what scorpions look like! ick!!!

OG, yikes about you getting stung by a scorpion. I always thought their stings were deadly. If I saw a scorpion scurrying around in front of me, I'd probably freak

The small ones are deadly or can be. The bigger ones are not deadly.

OG, yikes about you getting stung by a scorpion. I always thought their stings were deadly. If I saw a scorpion scurrying around in front of me, I'd probably freak

Lol I agree up on 16 acres of woods and despite my mom telling me to wear shoes I never did. They are really hard to see among the leaves.

I am so excited right now! I just happen to look at the price for the British comedian I wanted to go see. I was expecting like $50 per ticket or something - $20!! I texted L and essentially gave up the right to win all martial arguments in order to go. So worth it. My uncle's wife texted me asking about the tickets (we introduced them to Russell Howard) and she's going to talk to my uncle about going and making it a couples trip! Would take some of the nine hour driving off me at least!

And we're going to make a weeken of it. Well probably drive up the day of the show (no way around that, ill have exams the day before), then the next day go to the Air and Space Museum (being a dutiful wife!), and our last full day there hit all the sites - White House, Capital building, Washington Monument, the War memorials... I can't believe I've never been to DC!

You'll have to visit the Deep South one day!

Well my best friends also traveled to Atlanta during that trip. They were in Atlanta, went to DC, North Carolina, Jersey and New York. They kept saying, come on let's go but I don't have the money to travel like that and I wouldn't have left Jesse that long anyway.

I would love to surprise him with a trip to Philadelphia to see his Eagles play. One day!

So fellow academics, how do you study? That's such a strange question but I struggle with sitting down and just rereading info over and over again.

I take notes. Do the quizzes at the end of the chapter to see where I have to focus more and which parts I understand well. I retread the notes from the class. A lot of professors make comments that something will be on the exam. So I make a note of that and make sure to understand that point well.

I take notes. Do the quizzes at the end of the chapter to see where I have to focus more and which parts I understand well. I retread the notes from the class. A lot of professors make comments that something will be on the exam. So I make a note of that and make sure to understand that point well.

See with this class being online and so fast paced I just don't have the time to take notes. I do make a study guide over the anatomy section as I read.

Well my best friends also traveled to Atlanta during that trip. They were in Atlanta, went to DC, North Carolina, Jersey and New York. They kept saying, come on let's go but I don't have the money to travel like that and I wouldn't have left Jesse that long anyway.

I would love to surprise him with a trip to Philadelphia to see his Eagles play. One day!

He would love that!

Archived