Open Club  ·  110 members  ·  Free

Journals

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OG, I didn't really bond with my nephew (sister's second child) until he was born. Actually, it was only after he was six months old or so that I really started bonding with him on the same level as my niece. Not till he started developing/displaying his adorable personality and silly traits. My niece was the first baby born to any of my siblings. I was so excited to be an aunt. With my nephew... it was just less new and exciting. I had this strong bond with my niece after two years of knowing and loving her, so my excitement over my nephew just seemed trivial in comparison.

I guarantee you the bonding will come with your sister's second child. You will love that little guy just as much as you love Tyler.

Thank you for that F. It's def. hard, and being an aunt isn't anything new as I have my 4 year old niece (best friend's daughter) but it def feels different this time. Not sure why but it does. Even when she was pregnant with Tyler toward the end about this time I started becoming attached and as of yet there really isn't a bond there yet with this baby. Time will tell.

My friend's sister has 4 kids. I asked her when we found out her sister was pregnant witht he 4th one how my friend felt about it. She was like "well, after you've gone through it once or twice, it's not so exciting. I'm excited for her and I love her but it's not a huge thing anymore."

I think it's normal.

I dropped my iPhone for like the 9,000 time today at work and of course today would be the day the screen cracks. And I mean crack. Luckily we have a full family share plan (5 lines) and they are all staggered due to when people got their phones. I was able to use the upgrade on my grandma's phone line which is available now rather than waiting a month for my line's upgrade to become available. So new iPhone for me Wed!

I can still use my phone, just have to be careful around the cracks. Everything else is working properly though.

I dropped my iPhone for like the 9,000 time today at work and of course today would be the day the screen cracks. And I mean crack. Luckily we have a full family share plan (5 lines) and they are all staggered due to when people got their phones. I was able to use the upgrade on my grandma's phone line which is available now rather than waiting a month for my line's upgrade to become available. So new iPhone for me Wed!

I can still use my phone, just have to be careful around the cracks. Everything else is working properly though.

Get a case!!!!! I have the Otter box case and my husband has the Lifestyle case. I actually fell on my phone and not a thing happened to it.

Not Apple insurance, no. I have insurance with Verizon but if anything happens to the phone other than the phone itself going wonky (ie water, dropping it) you have to pay $200 to replace the phone. Which considering the phone can cost $400-$500 isn't BAD, it's just cheaper to wait for an upgrade through the phone company.

Yea but becausse you buy the phone through Verizon, Applecare doesn't come into play, you use Verizon's insurance. the only time Apple will cover one of their devices under a phone carrier like Verizon's is if something goes faulty with the phone itself which would fall under the one year manufacture warranty.

We pay RIDICULOUS fees though. My monthly plan is $85. It is for unlimited text, nation wide. 10 numbers unlimited talk nation wide. 200 local mins and 6 G of data. But I have Wi-Fi in my house so I don't hardly ever use my data.

hahaha, yeah, our family plan is like $250 a month I think? That's five lines, 1,400 minutes, unlmited text/mins to any Verizon carrier. I'm grandfathered in under the $30 for unlimited data and my brother pays $30 for 500 data I think? Plus $10 per smart phone for insruance.

I have to pick up the stuff to make pigs in a blanket tonight after work. The director of our department is leaving and we are throwing her a lunch. We all have a little money as well so my boss could buy her a nice going away present. Tomorrow is going to be so long since I have to drive 40 mins to have blood redrawn (thanks lab!) and then come into work.

I ended up just picking up some sodas for the party tomorrow. I did not feel like coming up and cooking pigs in a blanket, no matter how easy they are. I stopped by Walmart and had my glasses tightened up at the vision center (lady was nice enough to give them a good clean too). I can def. tell the difference when they are loose vs. tightened. I happen to come accross a black tank top there also for $5. I figured the size I am wouldn't fit me - Walmart size rarely fits me - but viola! It fits! However I noticed I was going to need some support for the girls so I finally broke down and bought some bras. I was a 36C a few years back and that's the size of the bras I've currently been wearing. No wonder they were so uncomfortable, I'm actually a 38D. My boob-loving husband is going to love that!

And FedEx and Verizon are both on my poo list. I called Verizon Saturday, the day I made the order, to change the delivery address from our house to my work place (which is literally accross the road). Apparently the Verizon rep never sent the request in and the FedEx guy tried to deliver to the house after I left for work. Called up FedEx to see if while in the area he could just drop it by my work - nope. Even though it's literally RIGHT accross THE STREET. In the end I finally got the delivery address changed to the hospital so hopefully I'll have my new iPhone tomorrow.

Archived