Open Club  ·  110 members  ·  Free

Journals

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was looking through our wedding pictures to find one of me and my mom to post on Facebook for Mother's day and I came accross one of me, my uncle, and L. It'a a back view of us, all three of us are stood in front of the officiant but we are the only three visible to the camera. It always amazes me how even after almost two years I still come accross wedding pictures that I swear I've never seen before! lol. I don't ever remember seeing that one when we first got them but it is by far one of my favorites now.

Today was just not my day, lol.

I woke up to L calling me, which is when I realized it was 6:15 and that's about the time I'm normally leaving for work, not getting up. So I quickly dressed and such and ran to McDonald's to grab me and my co worker some breakfast (she bought breakfast Sat so I offered to get us some today). I order and pull up to the window to pay and yep, could not find my debit card. I went ahead and went to work, did a pick up, and bought it down before going back to the house and finding my debit card. Wonderful way to start the morning.

After I talked to L I went to Walmart to do some grocery shopping. I also had to get some pictures printed to send to L for his interview so I went and to those little individual kiosks and did them. Of course when I went to scan my ticket it wouldn't work - surprise, it was out of paper. So I had to stand there for 10 minutes while it took the incredibly slow person to put paper in. And then once she did that another 5 minutes for the machine to reset, only to find out I'd have to wait 20 MORE minutes for the machine to print my order. I just said screw it and I'd pick them up tomorrow.

So I go to a checkout and I'm standing there and I'm not sure why but I go to open my wallet and yep, MY DEBIT CARD IS STILL IN MY WORK PANTS AT HOME. If I hadn't been in public the Mad Cow that would have erupted... thankfully I had one blank check left! So I came home, cooked dinner, cleaned up, and promptly fell asleep in the recliner watching King of the Hill.

I use my checkbook sometimes at the grocery store. I'm glad they still take checks. I will often lend my card to N and then he gives it back at home but I forget to put it in my wallet. So when I go out later...oops!

I pay my therapist with a check every single week and sometimes other healthcare needs as not all of the doctor offices take cards. Otherwise, that's it. I technically send checks for bills (like internet, rent) but my bank offers free bill pay so they send the checks for me in the mail. I never have to write them.

OH MY GOD. OH MY GOD. OH MY GOD. OH MY GOD.

We have our interview date! We have our INTERVIEW DATE!!!

June 12th. June bloody 12th!!!

Which means L is coming home Aug. 20th!

We are in the LAST 99 days we will ever (hopefully) be long distance. I am so happy I could cry right now!!

School finally posted my final grades.

All A's. 4.0 GPA.

Kind of makes me kick myself for not actually trying in high school....

See I knew you could do it!!! Don't forget you had a very troubled life in high school and now you don't. That makes all the difference in the world. Congrats!

See I knew you could do it!!! Don't forget you had a very troubled life in high school and now you don't. That makes all the difference in the world. Congrats!

Thanks Vic. I never looked at it that way. I think maturing helped as well. I tried the college thing a year after high school and failed miserably. Knowing this is for our future I think has helped push me. Will see how it goes once it gets to the really hard classes, lol

AND this week is hospital employee apprectiation week and every day my hospital is doing something different for it's employee's. Today they drew names for random prizes and I won a $25 gift card to Long Horn Steak House! Not my favorite place in the world but I'm not turning down a free meal!

Thanks Vic. I never looked at it that way. I think maturing helped as well. I tried the college thing a year after high school and failed miserably. Knowing this is for our future I think has helped push me. Will see how it goes once it gets to the really hard classes, lol

AND this week is hospital employee apprectiation week and every day my hospital is doing something different for it's employee's. Today they drew names for random prizes and I won a $25 gift card to Long Horn Steak House! Not my favorite place in the world but I'm not turning down a free meal!

Hey you can send it to me I don't mind that place! Lol

Archived