Open Club  ·  110 members  ·  Free

Journals

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like everything is in order to go for the next visa stage.

Well, for the financial part at least. We have everything they are requesting from me and my step dad, copies made, etc. For L's background check we have everything but his police certificate (equal to a local background check) which is either currently in the mail to him or he's gotten it and it's on it's way to me (my brain is muddled, can't recall). Once we send off these two packets that's about all the paperwork we will have to do (God willing), the last thing things to do will be to get L his medical and the interview in London.

Last weekend I bought a lightbulb, dragged a ladder to the exterior fixture, and I was still 2 feet too short.

I would never comment on the facebook photo, but I did notice that you look really uncomfortable and self-conscious. Not disgusting though. Never disgusting. You are always beautiful.

I'm in a much better place than I was when I made my last few posts. Was just really down emotionally. Everything is better now though.

So glad to be off work tomorrow even if I do have school. It's also my birthday, the big 2-5. I was going to take the day off school but since I missed days last week I really can't afford to do that. I did ask my coworker/neighbour if she wanted to join me for dinner tomorrow, maybe the Huddle House. Mom won't be able to make it up here and I'd rather not eat dinner alone on my birthday, lol. L was going to take the day off and surprise me and ask me not to go to school but I can't miss because I have two tests.

I also started breaking out into the raised hives toward the end of my shift. Blah. Knew it would happen when I came off the antihistamines but dang. It's subsided for right now and I'm hoping it at least stays away from school tomorrow. Who wants to be all hivey on their birthday?

i wonder if it's something about the apartment, some chemical there, something in the paint, etc.... i wonder if this will go away when you move??

Hopefully the allergy test on Tuesday will tell us something. I don't know if it has to do with the apartment or not since I break out into hives away from the house.

How much difference financially would it be if he moved in Sept instead of Oct?

It's differing factors. If he moved here in Sept we wouldn't have to pay rent here AND rent/expenses there for him to live there through the month of Sept and half of October. If he moved here in Sept we would only have to pay for his rent/expenses for the month of August (since he is leaving his job in August). Flights are only about $60 more expensive in Sept vs. October prices.

The biggest factor is his green card. If he arrives before our 2 year anniversary it's only a temporary green card and in 2 years we have to pay $600 to get the conditions removed and make it a 10 year green card. If he arrives after our 2 year anniversary (even just the day after) he'll get a full blown 10 year green card and we won't have to pay the $600 fee.

Oh gosh but imagine having to come up with the $600 in 2 years...you'll still be in school and hopefully he'll hVe a job. I know it's harder to wait that month but it may be better in the long run.

Archived