Open Club  ·  110 members  ·  Free

Journals

Came home to find the RFE for our immigration in the mail. Know what it was? Our MARRIAGE certificate! What???

The instructions for the application state to send them a copy of your license (doesn't say certified or not) so we - like everyone else we know - scanned the certificate in and printed it out and sent that. Apparently they want a certified copy. At least that's how we are taking what they wrote. So I'll be dropping that for the over night mail tomorrow before work.

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sweet Lord. A friend is having a baby this coming June and has registered at Babies R' Us. I won't be able to make the baby shower (it's on a weekend in April and I've already taken time off to go to my uncle's one weekend that month) so I'm still going to get them a little something. I got the invite today in the mail and I went on the website to see what they were registered for... this place is expensive!!! I mean God. I have yet to see anything below $30 except diaper ointment.

Are you friends with any of her other friends??? If so, maybe 2 of you can go in on a gift, and thus spread the pocketbook hit a bit.

I am, she's actually a friend of a friend but I've grown close to her over the years. I may just buy a few cute outfits but I'll get in touch with our mutual friend and see what she's doing. I was just blown away. There was a night light on there for $50!

Sweet Lord. A friend is having a baby this coming June and has registered at Babies R' Us. I won't be able to make the baby shower (it's on a weekend in April and I've already taken time off to go to my uncle's one weekend that month) so I'm still going to get them a little something. I got the invite today in the mail and I went on the website to see what they were registered for... this place is expensive!!! I mean God. I have yet to see anything below $30 except diaper ointment.

You can just buy what you want and can afford. A blanket or some cute towels might be enough. Maybe a baby book

L and I have talked about having him move here Oct. 16th, the day after our 2 year wedding anniversary. It'll save us $500 in the long run - if you've been married for 2 years when the immigrant lands in the States his green card automatically becomes a 10 year green card vs. arriving before your 2 year anniversary and they get a 2 year green card (called a green card with conditions), which you have to pay $500 to remove those conditions after the two years and then get a 10 year green card. L asked me if I thought we should do it and I said, "The last year has taught me that when I feel the urge to say no to you on things like this, just to say yes because if I don't listen to you we end up screwed over in some form or fashion."

Guess I can evolve. lol

So right as I was about to leave for work I walked outside and saw a cat sitting near by. I went in and found something it could eat and sat it out for it and meowed at it. He came right over and started munching. As I was inside trying to find a no kill shelter (which if it exists in this area they close at 5 PM) it came right into my department area and had no problem coming up to me. He's clearly a house cat, even did the flopping down and rolling over on his back like Jasper does. And I couldn't leave him out in the cold and rain, I wouldn't want someone to do that if Jasper ever got out and they stumbled accross him. So I bought him home and put him in the second bedroom with some food and water.

My son is not happy with me though, lol. He's pretty much down right ticked off.

Must get this paper on the group project written but I'm so tired. I'm going to let rip all the headaches I had with some of the members as well. I mean they weren't bad to work with, they just sucked at getting things to me in a timely manner. We gave the presentation Monday and the class doesn't start til 12:50. Well I get out of my class before that at 11:30 so I went ahead to the room and pulled up the videos we wanted to show and made sure the power point worked and all. Here comes one of the members into the room. 'Hey, B, can I add another source to our outline to make my case longer?' I literally looked at her and blinked a few times and seriously considered letting Mad Cow rip on her. I took a deep breath and was like 'It's really not possible. We've already printed the outline out and the nearest printer is accross compass and we've already turned it in online as well'.

What I really wanted to say was 'you should have sent me that source BEFORE the day of the presentation.' Our next speech is an informative one and I'm doing it on shark attacks. So nice to be working by myself again.

Our evidence we resent to immigration is in Vermont (were their field office is). Out of our hands now!

Checked on the cat this morning, he was sleeping on a tote we have in there. He's literally like the no-tail, smaller version of Jasper in terms of attitude. And I never realized how HUGE my child was until another cat was put next to him. L was not too happy to begin with when I told him. Although it was super cute to see him so concerned for Jasper.

Our evidence we resent to immigration is in Vermont (were their field office is). Out of our hands now!

Checked on the cat this morning, he was sleeping on a tote we have in there. He's literally like the no-tail, smaller version of Jasper in terms of attitude. And I never realized how HUGE my child was until another cat was put next to him. L was not too happy to begin with when I told him. Although it was super cute to see him so concerned for Jasper.

It will get along fine OG. Two weeks ago I adopted two more kittens and now my four cats get along like they've been best friends for years.

Archived