Open Club  ·  110 members  ·  Free

Journals

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It definitely isn't a denial, B. If they wanted to deny you guys, they would just do it right away and not waste any more time. They are just asking for more evidence. They obviously wouldn't do that unless they felt that your application held merit.

Another thing is that they probably have a set list of criteria/proofs that they "need" in order to approve applications. I have no idea what they are, but I'm sure some standard exists. It's like when you go to get your passport, you have to have x amount of "ID points" in the forms of driver licenses, expired passports, student IDs, credit cards, utility bills, etc. It's probably like a really complicated setup that's like that. So when you may be missing some key points of evidence, instead of just denying you outright, they just ask for more to fill in the holes.

This is truly what I feel. It's just a matter of time. It's a matter of when, not if. You guys are going about this the RIGHT away and when you do that, you will prevail. You guys have a long relationship, you're married for over a year, you can document everything, etc. i've heard of people coming over here with a HECK of a lot less. You two are on the right track.

Deep breath!!! *hugs*

Thank you Fudgie. Yeah, they do have certain documents they require. At Lear we sent in everything they ask for plus more but we have seen cases of them asking for further evidence and it ended up being a CC of the foreign spouse's birth certificate which they don't list in their required documents in the instructions for the application.

Yup, it's just funky stuff like that I bet. I wouldn't be surprised if it's way more complicated like "If the person/couple is x, y, z, then they need this, that, or the other thing" but it's too complicated to put the pamphlets so they'll just ask you later.

Did you know when I applied for my passport, the documents didn't tell me that I needed to show my ears AND frown in my passport picture? Those were the OFFICIAL US directions for a US passport. I got told at the post office that I would need to go back and re-do my picture. So back I went into the pharmacy! I looked like a sad elf in my new picture. Ugh! Sometimes there are just little things like that that need to be done but they don't communicate it right away.

You'll be okay, OG, you guys are going to get approved. You're doing all the right things. They have no reason to deny you and I truly don't believe they will. L is not a mail-order bride, you didn't meet last month, you have not only a LTR but you have PROOF of a LTR, you can sponsor him, etc. It's going to be okay.

We'll always be here! It WILL work out I know it. Sometimes there are just speedbumps along that way that can't be avoided but you'll get to your destination.

Ugh I hated groups too. I'm an overachiever so I felt like I had to be the leader of the group and hence would have more work to do. I'd rather just do it myself and get all the credit.

Pigs in a blanket are cooked for my boss's birthday lunch tomorrow. Picked up her a gift tonight, a blue pendent necklace with matching earrings. Working on the power point for our group project now. I can't say again how much I loath working in a group, especially when I'm the one making the outline and power point and NO ONE IS SENDING ME THEIR INFORMATION!

No RFE in the mail today. Bit of wishful thinking it would be in there today a day after they sent it.

I was in the check out line at Walmart and there was a couple behind me. You could clearly hear they were having an argument but trying to not be loud so those of us around them would hear - didn't work. He was clearly an ass. He kept telling her to shut up and eventually started saying it loud enough for 3 lanes worth of people to hear.

It made me really apprectiate my husband.

I just can not wake up this morning. So tired. I actually over slept by an hour but still managed to make it here on time. Reading for English now inbetween classes and I have my group project due today. So ready to get it over with and never have to communicate with some of these group members again!

Archived