Open Club  ·  110 members  ·  Free

Journals

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I def. can't complain about all the women I work with. I'm super close to a bunch of them, especially one who is going back to school to better her life as well and is having her own medical issues. And I adore my neighbour/supervisor. She's so easy to work with and is just a huge 'mother' to all of us younger girls. She'd give you the shirt off her back if you needed it (she's the one who gave us the washing machine and dryer). But there is one particular female I work with who is just completely two face.

L's been on my case forever about taking a daily vitamin - since I clearly don't get all of them I need - and I finally picked up a daily vitamin tonight at Walmart. My boss uses it and she said she can def. tell a difference if she doesn't take it, it's given her a lot more energy. too bad it's a damn horse pill!

And I bought a blender to try to make smoothies as a healthier breakfast option. $15 for it, not bad.

You just reminded me to go grocery shopping (found some smoothie recipes on pinterest I want to try)

I always found that as long as it's not drastically over the limit, they're fine with it. Article writing and chapter writing are the exceptions though...gotta fit in the space it is allotted!

I was so worked up about this essay all weekend. Got into class this morning which was a workshop day were we can read other people's essays, work on our own and have the teacher read over ours. He loved my thesis statement and the direction I was taking the essay. Whew! Thank you Jesus. And since I was so on top of it this weekend I just have to round the conclusion out before proof reading.

And on top of that I made a 93 on my math test this morning!

Had my first zumba class after classes tonight. Sweet Jesus! My Zumba teacher is a dictator when it comes to the exercises at the end but the dancing is fun! I have no rhythm what so ever - nor a body that even remotely resembles a woman's at this point - but it was fun, it reminded me of my marching band days. Learning steps and moves, putting them all together... and I enjoyed that so much I did it for 4 years. The teacher said I caught on pretty quickly and she never had to stop and show me a move, I'd just watch her do it and kind of jump in.

I am def. not a booty popper nor a hip shaker.

Don't underestimate the power of the hip pop/shake. What's really cool is that the further you bend your standing knee, the bigger you can make your hip pops. It's amazing how much change booty shaking and hip popping can bring about to a woman's body. I'm noticing definition in some decidedly sexy ways lately. What are the exercises at the end? It sounds like your zumba is much more informative! Our instructors just go for it and we follow best as we can.

I better see some definition, I felt completely ridiculous being the biggest girl in there trying to pop my butt. I couldn't even pop it when I was 17 and 135!

Exercises at the end... we did like 25 crunches, bicycle leg moves, bicycle crunches (good bit with the legs and abs). Then we did this leg thing were we started with our legs fully up and then we'd lower them half way or almost to the floor by what the instructor said - I thought I was going to die. Then we did the same with planking. Just went up and down whenever she said. 10 push ups. Then we did some stretches.

Those reverse crunches you speak of are perfect for flattening the lower belly pooch. They get easier and are well worth it!

I'm so confused as to what my size actually is right now. I have a pair of size 8 dress pants (this store runs larger) a pair of size 12 jeans that are a smidgen too big, and a pair of medium workout capris. What size am I!? It's like one of those horrible riddles in math class.

It's not due til tomorrow at the end of class - which for me is at 11:30. I'm actually still going through and editing. Really didn't realize I used 'we' that damn much, lol. Your comments cracked me up! I know they weren't meant to but it's just the way you wrote them, I could hear your voice in my head saying them.

"Screw up is not acceptable essay wording."

OG, I think it's great that you're doing Zumba. I've been going for over a year now, and it's my favorite ever. I get so sad if I have to miss a class. Plus, redrose is right. I definitely have seen a lot more definition and slimming in some great places, thanks to the class. It's fun, AND it gets results! I hope you keep going.

OG, I think it's great that you're doing Zumba. I've been going for over a year now, and it's my favorite ever. I get so sad if I have to miss a class. Plus, redrose is right. I definitely have seen a lot more definition and slimming in some great places, thanks to the class. It's fun, AND it gets results! I hope you keep going.

Thanks Einstein's_girl. I really do want to keep going. I have a hard time getting motivated to do 'traditional' workouts like on the treadmill but Zumba really reminded me of my marching band days and I loved that time. Right now I'm just a big ol' whale going through the motion but hopefully with time that will change, lol!

I also can't do self-driven, independent exercise (treadmill, running, etc.). I have to go to classes because having a set time and others around me motivates me more. So I go to Zumba twice a week and step aerobics twice a week. Step is aerobics using an actual step... not, like, hip-hop. LOL. It is also very dance-like though. They have both been awesome. Step REALLY tones your legs, and Zumba tones everything else. I've gone down 3 or 4 pant sizes (no lie!). It's pretty awesome. I found it took about 3 Zumba classes before I started to feel comfortable, so you'll get there.

Archived