Open Club  ·  110 members  ·  Free

Journals

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My sister in law was diagnosed with lupus as a child, maybe around 5 or 6. I know she spent a lot of her childhood in hospitals, at doctors etc. She has been in remission for years now, though they do watch for it. She leads a normal life has a child etc. I hope you get some answers soon.

Thank you ladies. As you all have said, it'll be an answer.

Got an email while I was in my first class that my third class at 12:50, Public speaking had been cancelled due to the teacher being ill. Which meant I would have had to sit and wait from 11:30 to 4 for my next class to start. Yikers. So I emailed my 4 o'clock teacher that I wouldn't be making it into class and headed on home early since I still have to clean physical therapy today for work, and that takes about 2 hours.

Just finished writing out a study/reading schedule in my planner. I've got a quiz on Friday for 2 chapters in public speaking (already ready them, just need to go back over my notes) plus a course info quiz in English (although we can take that as many times as we need so not worried about that). I don't have classes on Monday (thankfully can spend most of that day studying!) because the rest of next week is hectice if I don't plan it out a head of time:

Wednesday - Quiz on 2 chapters in public speaking plus a test in my computer class, as well as having read certain chapters in English for a class discussion on it.

Friday - Quiz on 2 more chapters in public speaking plus a Literacy Freewriting assignment due in English that has to be 300 words about my relationship with the English language.

Too bad I can't just be brutally honest - I suck at grammar. lol. Not 300 words though.

Thankfully my math class is a very my pace kind of class, it is the simple class after all. I do need to be up to taking the first test though on Wednesday so gotta work those lessons into my home work schedule. I also made a 98 on my first math quiz, not that it's much to brag about, it was simple addition and subtraction and all that.

Flash cards for computer test pretty much done. There's like 4-5 I just could not find the defitions for in the book or on the online thing, I'll look with clearer eyes tomorrow. This tired woman is going to bed since I have to be up at 7:30 for my doctor's appointment followed by a 8 hour shift of work. Fun.

Biopsy results are back - it's not consistent with lupus but does not rule it or other connective tissue diseases out. So basically no real answer at all. I'm just so frustrated right now. I held it together while in the doctor's office but the second I got back in the car I just burst into tears. It is a frustration I can not even begin to describe. I cried the entire 30 minute drive home, which in pelting it down rain was just wonderful.

I'm so tired of having to say no, still no answer on why I randomly burst into hives despite modern medicine being as advanced as it is and also, no, still no closer to getting my husband over here.

I know it's frustrating, but you really do NOT want to have lupus, even if it is an answer. There's a lot going on in your life right now, both good and bad and it's understandable that you'd need a good cry.

True, no one wants lupus, but it would have just been a huge weight off my chest to have an answer rather than another 'well it may not be this or it may be'. There's too much unknown right now in my life (the hives, the visa, school) and it's just all settling down on my shoulders. Not to say it's not bothering L but - and I love him - he's my robot, he takes everything in and then can compartmentalize everything and just in general doesn't worry. I'm just frustrated and feel like I'm suffocating in the unknown.

Archived