Open Club  ·  110 members  ·  Free

Journals

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See my mom had breakable ornaments on the tree when I was growing up but then again she put the fear of God into us if we broke them since most of them had to do with us! The one ornament on our tree that isn't with the theme is my first ornament, it's a pink silk ball and has the year I was born on it.

I had my follow up doctor appointment today about the hives and swelling. I asked my mom to go along with me not really out of a need to have someone there with me but more for her sake of mind. She hasn't told me how worried she is about me with this but she's let it slip to my brother who in turn has relayed it back to me. She saw me in my full on hivey state and she freaked out of course. She had only ever seen me when I had a few spots here and there so while for her it looked like the worst, to me it's no different than any other day the last 3 months.

My doctor barely got into the room before she pretty much laid it all out on the table - she wants me to have a biopsy on the rash to confirm what she believes it is, and she believes it to be Lupus. All my symptons point toward it - hives like rash, swelling along with the rash, joint pain, constant low grade fever, positive ANA test, and when I'm on steroids it all gets better. But before she takes a course of action she obviously wants it confirmed so off to the Dermatologist I go the 10th of Jan. She gave me a steroid shot in the office (so tired of having shots in my butt!) and wrote me another prescription for a 12 day course of Prednisone. Obviously she wants to alleviate the swelling and itchy as much as possible but they need a rash to biopsy so she did it just to a few days before my appointment so the rash would have time to come back in.

Of course that also happens to fall right on my first day of classes. >.

Yeah I'm hoping I don't get gestational diabetes. I know you just have to tweak your diet, stay out of direct sun, and be sure to take your medications and you'll be fine if it turns out to be lupus.

They can really hit anyone which is the random thing about them. My best friend's pregnancy was perfect with weight gain and stuff and then bam, she was diagnosed with it at 6-7 months I believe and she mostly ate healthy through her pregnancy.

Awww I am sorry OG. I think I mentioned that possibility a few weeks back I am not sure. My best friend from HS has Lupus.

I think you did Vic. I don't know, it's a double edged sword really. I obviously don't want an illness for the rest of my life but it's an answer to this issue and not knowing is so mentally and emotionally draining.

I think you did Vic. I don't know, it's a double edged sword really. I obviously don't want an illness for the rest of my life but it's an answer to this issue and not knowing is so mentally and emotionally draining.

Awww I wish I could give you a big hug. I hope it is not that. I hope it something easy that will go away. It is a disease that presents a lot of different symptoms and can be different in so many people so it is harder to diagnose. Some only have mild cases of it. Yes, it would be exhausting and irritating and worrying to not know. It is also just as disheartening and scary too know. HUGS.

Awww I wish I could give you a big hug. I hope it is not that. I hope it something easy that will go away. It is a disease that presents a lot of different symptoms and can be different in so many people so it is harder to diagnose. Some only have mild cases of it. Yes, it would be exhausting and irritating and worrying to not know. It is also just as disheartening and scary too know. HUGS.

Thanks. Thankfully the dermatologist is willing to work a payment plan since the visit alone is $90-$115, the biopsy is $150 and to read the results it's $150.

Slight headache, blah! I really need to get off my butt and move the clothes from the washer to the dryer but this recliner is just too comfortable, lol. King of the Hill is just killing me. I just watched the episode were Hank makes the training video for the Dallas Cowboys and the part were Boomhauer is dressed in the Armadillo costume just had me in stitches.

Archived