Open Club  ·  110 members  ·  Free

Journals

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has spent the last 2 hours creating a spread sheet so I can track my monthly expenses easier (and better). I'm exhausted. Jasper gave up on me going to bed hours ago and has crashed on the arm of the couch - lately he's been going to bed when I do and sleeping directly on L's pillow. So it's bed time for this girl.

^ I'm such a nerd for wanting to go a head and fill it out, lol

I'm currently surrounded by Christmas decorations in my living room - had decorations in storage and now I'm going through everything to see what I want to keep and what to toss - and it generally needs to be organized. And of course once I realize something is unorganized in a major way my OCD kicks in. Cue being surrounded by blue, green, red, gold, silver, and purple Christmas decorations at 10 PM in September.

Oh, and it's a MONTH until L arrives!!!

I have a headache but dang it this week meals are planned out. I don't think I did too bad either considering most of the spices for the stuff is the same (and I need to build up my spices).

Tonight and tomorrow: Tacos (not healthy but simple and I know what I'm doing)

Monday: chicken breast with asparagus

Tuesday: spaghetti (with homemade sauce, not can)

Wednesday: left over spaghetti

Thurs: steak, red potatoes, and broccoli

Fri: pan roasted chicken with shallots

Are you still crock pot cooking?

I have found some blogs that list shopping lists and full recipes for meals that you just throw in freezer bags and then when you're ready, take out of the bags and throw in the crock pot. So so easy.

I talked to one of our ultrasound techs last night while I was at work. I had previously talked to the other one (an older guy) but he was very much 'unless you have straight A's don't expect to get in and if you miss it the first time you might as wel look for something else' attitude. The one I talked to last night was a young woman (late 20's to early 30's) and she was super helpful and nice. She told me like anything you won't get a job right out of the ball park (it took her 6 months to find something PRN) but that eventually lead to something full time and a lot of ultrasound techs in the beginning work a lot of PRN. She told me to make sure my maths and sciences had the best grades possible and I apparently made a face (they are my worst, go figure, lol) and she was so sweet. She told me if you don't get on the first try it doesn't mean failure, she didn't get in the first time she applied and she just did more volunteer work and took extra math courses and got in on the second try. Made me feel a lot better about it to be honest.

Archived