Open Club  ·  110 members  ·  Free

Journals

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you Sherry. The sandals are a bit of a push for me, I normally ever wear like solid black flip flops so the sandals are something new to push my boundaries.

Nice relaxing morning! I slept in until about 8, didn't go to the gym as I have chub rub right now and it makes walking pretty miserable, let alone exercising. L and I talked for a little while and we even watched some football together, the Liverpool vs. Man City game. Granted it was over the computer type watching but it was still some quality time together.

Ditch the shorts until your thighs shrink a bit, you'll feel much better. It's not just that, it's moisture and heat that contribute. Capri yoga pants are a godsend. I got to wear shorts all summer with no problem. It was so nice! I never ever exercise in shorts though... doesn't work.

Ditch the shorts until your thighs shrink a bit, you'll feel much better. It's not just that, it's moisture and heat that contribute. Capri yoga pants are a godsend. I got to wear shorts all summer with no problem. It was so nice! I never ever exercise in shorts though... doesn't work.

The thing is I haven't been exercising in shorts, I've been wearing those capri Danskin leggings (like in the picture) to exercise in. Sometimes my scrub bottoms don't fit perfect (a size smaller they are too tight, any bigger they just fall down) so they create that gap and I can get chub rub that way sometimes. I've never had thin thighs though, even when I was a size 7 I had chub rub going on.

i tried your suggestion - i've been putting deodorant on my thighs and that really helps! it's even better than runner's glide. and cheaper too!

It's amazing, isn't it?! I have to reapply after about 20 minutes (so putting it on when I'm wearing my scrub bottoms makes no sense since I can't always stop every 20 mins to reapply deodorant to my thighs) but when I wear shorts... shoot yeah!

gah. between sizes is frustrating!!!

It is. And I don't seem to be losing weight like I use to (fairly quickly) in the beginning. I think after L leaves I'm going to go have my TSH levels tested again (some were that doesn't deal within my job's network) just for a third opinion since the differing levels were so much.

True, but I ate Southern dinners when I was skinny too! All about moderation and portions! My problem is if you set food in front of me (say, 2 biscuits) I can't only eat just one of them. L says he sees this when we talk over Face Time - I'll pour the right amount of portion sizing off chips onto my plate, eat them, but then unknowingly to myself I'll pour ANOTHER portion size and eat that. It's like I'm afraid to be hungry.

I kind of have been. I've mostly been working on consuming less soft drinks which I've done good. Yesterday I had two glasses of Dr. Pepper when I had Chinese but today I've went right back to drinking nothing but water, so I'm still indulging that little tid bit but it's getting easier for me to reign it in instead of having it and then not being able to stop.

yeah, it's portion sizes that are so important. i know, i do this too. i might have a healthy dinner but pour myself a second serving. that isn't doing me any favors.

I am the world's worst of fixing something relatively 'good' for dinner but then going back for seconds even though I'm not hungry and I'm in fact a few bites away from being stuffed.

that's something worth thinking about. what was the last time you felt hungry? why are you afraid of being hungry?

I don't honestly know, tbh. I think it may go back to my childhood when my dad's girlfriend controlled what we ate and when we ate. Because dad couldn't really hold a job down for more than six months there were some months were we'd come home from school and all we'd be able to have for dinner was Ramen noodles.

Archived