Open Club  ·  110 members  ·  Free

Journals

When doing road trips (and I've done quite a few), I found it easiest NOT to make hotel reservations ahead of time, since there were days I could do a lot of driving and days I couldn't. Didn't want to be hemmed in with a schedule/reservation. A lot of this has to do with the fact that when I do a road trip, I usually go at it alone and if I am tired, I stop (since no one can take over the driving for me).

When I moved here from WI, I did it in 2 1/2 days. One night in a hotel and I drove through the next night.

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I think making hotel reservations in advanced could hamper us. I def. think we should look a head of time to were hotels are along the route and have a tenative thing such as 'okay, if we wanted to stop here, there is a hotel here' kind of thing and just know instead of just trying to look and find a nice (and when I say nice I mean Super 8) hotel at the last minute while driving. As Sherry said, I'm a planner lol

it could be fun too if you see some city you want to spend more time in, or less time. yeah, then you aren't as locked in on a schedule. which is fun.

Exactly. Like we could easily reach Nashville in the first day (depending on what time we left out) and I've only ever been there once (bus lay over when I went to see my ex graduate basic training). I think the next big city on the route that I can remember is St. Louis.

I finally broke down and bought a scale for home. Pretty nice to for $20! It tracks the weight loss (or weight gain) of 2 users and is pretty sweet. I also broke down and bought a shower caddy as the little shelves in our shower can barely hold stuff. While I was at Walmart stopped by the ring counter (since I'm going to have to replace my wedding band). I can wear a 5mm or 3mm with my engagment ring (I'm not fond of just the wedding band) but I don't know which looks best with it. Thoughts ladies?

image removed

image removed

Archived