Open Club  ·  110 members  ·  Free

Journals

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been home from meeting Hers (Internet being a witch for the third day in a row). I had such a blast meeting her! She's just as funny and gorgeous in person as online, really thankful to have amazing friends - as I wrote that Jasper sneezed on me. Lord. Traffic decided to come to a complete halt on my way home for about two miles in 114 sweltering hear. No idea why it was stopped either as there was no wreck or anything. Chatted with L (tried to) when I got home before the connection went super bad. He's watching the European Championship final tomorrow (so we won't talk) so he stayed up pretty late tonight to make up for it. Jasper has passed out next to me on the bed and I think I'll join him!

Hers and I:

image removed

Aw thank you! I'm so glad we got to meet! I hope that server didn't get too mad at us for being at her table so long haha.

Thank you for making the Long drive! I got

Caught in bad traffic too. I saw at least 10 cars pulled over bc of overheating, plus a couple more start to overheat in front of me and then a girl puking on the side of the road while her car overheated. Scary. And yet we are sittig at a ball game in the heat.

I'm not envious of your heat wave, but it would be nice if we could get some sunshine!

Traffic has been weird here too. It's a long weekend and that means super busy highways. I was at work yesterday and a client came in talking about a big accident a little ways away. I talked to my older brother today... it was him in the accident. Some guy turned left right into his lane (opposing traffic) and collided with him head on. He's okay and my niece wasn't with him, thank goodness! He is sore and the car he just finished restoring is wrecked though, so he is not happy.

Oh no, that's terrtible Sherry! Yeah the traffic was just killer. It didn't help that when not moving in 114 degree weather the heat in my mom's car is permantly stuck on and dummy here forgot to get a water when she stopped at the gas station before leaving. By the time I made it back to our town I thought I was going to die. And all the traffic stuff started happening literally 9 miles from my exit.

Have you ever heard of Gold Bond body powder, OG? It's like baby powder but you put it on anywhere on your body to keep yourself and cry and feeling cool. It has a little menthol in it so there's a nice cool sensation.

I use it under my boobs when I know I will be working out or if it's going to be a hot day. I don't use it anywhere else but you can if you want. I'm sure it would work well.

Goodness you are not kidding OG! I about freaking died driving through Kentucky and Tennessee and Alabama. I am in Florida now and it is mildly better. Today in Pensacola was ok. Tonight we went for a swim. Mind you I spent the entire day in bed sick before hand. The heat has been too much for me.

No way! You're all of 20 minutes from me! How are you enjoying it? Isn't it all gorgeous? Go to the restaurant at the museum. I know most of the ladies there. I used to work at LightHouse Point, which is RIGHT next door to the hotel you are probably at.

Are you coming into town at all?

I have not seen much of the town at all because I was pretty comatose today from heat and sickness. I have to get used to the weather and it bothered my asthma some. We got caught in the huge storms in Ohio and I was pretty much full blown panic attack until tonight when I could finally eat. We went to the beach on the base here!! I loved it!! All the little lady fish.

We are here until Friday and then we move onto Atlanta.

If you're up for it at all, maybe we can get a coffee or something. 2 ena friends in one week! just let me know. I'll totally understand if you don't want to!

Try to get to a wahoos game if you can. So much fun! Or get down to palafox pier. Gorgeous!

Archived