Open Club  ·  110 members  ·  Free

Journals

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
$625 is a pretty good price for a 1-bedroom fully upgraded apartment.

Good luck.

Once L settles down here, will you guys go over to the UK to visit sometime in the near future?

Oh it's 2 bedroom, not 1. Actually it's 2 bedrooms, 2 full baths.

We def will go back for visits but in relation to how soon after he lands it's not definite, what with him finding a job and all his immigration stuff.

I'm glad you guys are going with the full upgrade. An old fridge is not a big deal but if it's a very old stove/oven....no. That sounds like a potential fire hazard, or at the very least, very very bad cooking experiences coming your way!

$625 for a 2 BR/2 BA is stellar. Now you will get your own bathroom! I'm glad you found one at that price. The apartments I have my eye on in my homecity are 1BR/1BA for $600, with utilities in it. I would love to have my own bathroom because N smears his toothpaste on counters like he's trying to paint. >

I'd love to see pics sometime when you are moved in and settled.

Oddly enough I had an experience with an old stove at my old apartment - one reason I was heavily leaning to paying the $50 extra a month. lol! The way the layout is it's the living room and then the kitchen right in front of you. There isn't a door that defines the kitchen but a bar that makes up this little square window. Then you go down the hallway and the guest bathroom is to your left, followed by the guest room to your left as well. To your right is the master bedroom and you can access the master bathroom through the bedroom. $600 plus utilites isn't that bad really. Ours doesn't include utilities but the only other bill we will have is power.

I'll PM you the ones I took tonight.

Here I was thinking it was a good chunk of change, lol! These are the ones I took tonight:

View of kitchen from living room:

image removed

View of living room from kitchen:

image removed

View of kitchen

image removed

Master bathroom

image removed

^ It does. My first apartment had it - actually it didn't have the window but the kitchen counter that divided the kitchen and lounge was like a bar thing. None of my other kitchens had that. The bathrooms are also the biggest I've ever seen in an apartment. I remember my first apartment you could barely turn around in it without bumping into the sink or falling over into the tub.

God our first apt as a married couple was miserable. Wed lived there about 8 months before we got married. No storage, no central air, in the ghetto, an awkward living room (which made it hard to set up furniture), no vent above the gas stove. We hated it! And what was worse was our bathroom, which had ZERO ventilation (so if you took more than two mins to go to the bathroom, you'd be covered in sweat) was so tiny. You couldn't even open the bathroom cabinet bc the toilet blocked it. And if you sneezed while on the toilet, you'd get a concussion bc you'd hit the sink, which your knees also touched while you sat.

I love our current house so much. It's so homey and nice and comfortable.

What is it with first apartments and the bathrooms being so small? You know the bathrooms were the FIRST thing I looked at when viewing the apartment today? lol. I guess I didn't pay attention the first time I got an apartment and hated it.

The 2nd and 3rd apartments I had weren't too bad. 2nd was a town house (I later regretted getting the stairs). The only thing I didn't like about it was the laundry room was right in the living room. The last apartment again, the laundry room was in the kitchen. not in a convient place either. You couldn't open the left side door all the way because the fridge was in the way.

All the 1BRs I've looked at have pretty small bathrooms, so that's probably why. Everyone usually ends up in a 1BR or a studio their first time, so the bathroom is pretty small. I will probably not have A/C in my first place either, but as long as I can get my own in the window, I'll be fine.

My apartments in Atlanta were crap but I loved living on my own. My last one didn't have central air and it was miserable. I'd get home from walking dogs and just go take a cold shower. That bathroom wasn't bad size at all but it was ugly. The countertop had like a cream and purple swirl pattern, like store-bought cheesecake. And the smoke detector was directly above the stove so it went off even if I boiled water. Awful. But mine.

My first apt there was a studio in a basement and I loved that one too but it was teeny. Still loved it bc it was my first time away from my hometown and it was just awesome

Before I movedfrom home though, I had always lived with boyfriends except for once, when I had a one bedroom apt in a complex. Just me and leeluu. I loved it.

Gah I loved living alone! But Jared and I get along well in our house and I'm really working hard on not nagging. He's noticing too and we are getting along great bc of it.

i've always had 2 bedroom apartments (mostly due to the massive amount of Christmas decorations I have - seriously, 25 boxes). I've never lived alone though so the next 8-10 months will be an experience. Just me and Jasper, with the occasional visit from L. We are hoping to be able to do a 3 week visit (him coming here) over the holidays. I'd only be able to take a week of it off but he'd at least be there when I got home from work. that depends on were we are though financial wise.

Archived