Open Club  ·  110 members  ·  Free

Journals

OG, next time they want money, tell them no. They should REALLY be standing on their own two feet, they are in their 40's are they not? Time for them to grow up now. They can not have it both ways where they crap on you and then want money and your time.

And I would tell THAT guy to stick it up his you know what.

Oh I have. I mean for my mom I have no problem loaning when and were I can, but the only reason we loaned that much to them is because it was for my brother, things he needed to graduate and such. Yeah, mid and late 40's I believe.

lol, L was pretty calm when I got back on the phone. He had called right in the middle of the argument and I was fumming, had to hang up with him to go take care of the building just to shut him up. When I finally got to call L back I was in tears and just kind of burst into more when we Face Timed. I could never leave my husband alone in a room with my step dad... I think that would be the one time my husband let go of that calm personality of his.

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Geez. Sorry you have to deal with that. Those two need to be able to support themselves. Ya know, like ADULTS do.

The only reason I even bought up the money was the whole 'you do nothing around here' statement. Really ticked me off. He actually then said as soon as they paid it back I was out of the house to which my mom turned around and told him he was not kicking her child out. Stood up for me at least...

I didn't realize your stepdad was the one who did that to you. I thought it was your real dad. Idk how you bear to live with him. You're so strong.

Oh yeah, no, not real dad. It all happened before my mom married him so at the time he was my mom's boyfriend. I think because of the way I healed in that very detached, clinical way is why it doesn't bother me. There is def. no being here alone with him, I have a lock on my bedroom door that only I have a key for, etc. That and with his job I only have to deal with him 2-3 days a week if I happen to be home on my weekend off.

On a brighter note I'm super stoked about visiting England. We haven't told any of L's family yet, we are waiting on the visa approval and to see how the changes in June go down that way we can say 'OG is coming over for a visit and then we are applying' or 'OG is coming for a visit but because of x, L will be moving to the States'. My MIL has really been active in keeping in touch with me or touching base with L on a weekly bases now really so I can honestly say I'm really excited to meet her. Although the one I'm nervous about meeting is his gran because, well, I know that's the most important one to him. Same happened with L. He wasn't nervous at all meeting my mom but by uncle he was.

Myrtle Beach, hands down. We'd have to live here for a short while as I only make 1K below the current sponsor requirement of 18 K were I work now (and we can't afford to lose that or that stability at that job right now) but if he moved here we would be moving to Myrtle Beach.

Archived