Open Club  ·  110 members  ·  Free

Journals

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hopefully you get there BEFORE.

They were suppose to announce changes in April (they didn't) and said they would be making the announcement if they did raise it in June. We are taking it month to month but we are hoping we can find someplace so he can get moved in before June so we could possibly come in under the old rules IF they change them. It's baically one long but waiting game at this point.

But all that aside, he's worked super hard for the last year for this promotion.

Pretty much. The current income is about GBP 12,000 per year (you have to show you have 111 GBP EVERY week to show you (the sponsor, L) can support the 2 people without going into public funds. L makes enough to even excede that weekly requirement but they are wanting to raise it to about a couple 100 GBP's over what L makes - because he wouldn't be able to support the 2 of us on 500 GBP a month.

I dunno. Personally I would have started applying and getting everything done and gone soon after you got married and have the cat sent later.

We couldn't have applied sooner - we have to be able to show the accommodation we will be living in and L currently lives in a shared house that is at the max occupancy. I had to pay down a bunch of bills before we could start saving for a deposit/first month's rent. On top of that the visa is $1,400 - plus my plane ticket which we can't buy until after the visa is approved. Even if we had the money right now to apply we couldn't because I don't have my passport and couldn't get it before i did because of the stupid long forum birth certificate requirement.

It's just not as simple as applying any more - there's a lot of hoops couples like us have to go through.

It sounds like a real circus. My friend is still waiting for her residency and she has been here almost 2 years.

Yeah they are talking about also increasing the residency time in the UK from 2 year to 5 - so I would have to live there 5 years before I could become a full citizen and get ILR (indefinite leave to remain). That I can swallow.

Yeah they are talking about also increasing the residency time in the UK from 2 year to 5 - so I would have to live there 5 years before I could become a full citizen and get ILR (indefinite leave to remain). That I can swallow.

My friend does not want to be a citizen only a resident. She wants to go back home to Japan when they retire. If she gives up her citizenship she can not go back.

But the government does not qualify an animal as a person do they? I never said my animals were not part of our family you know. They are not people though.

Well no, but I never said Jasper was considered in that. The 2 people rule is for L and I. They don't care anything about Jasper.

My friend does not want to be a citizen only a resident. She wants to go back home to Japan when they retire. If she gives up her citizenship she can not go back.

Ah yeah, then she can't do citizenship. America doesn't care if I have 2 citizenships, I can take British and still maintain my American but I couldn't travel into the Us with my British passport.

Thanks guys. I woke up feeling like crap again and threw up again after eating some soup. I trudged on to work were I was no more than 5 bloody minutes before I got light heated and fainted. Yep. Fainted. Never fainted before in my life. One second I'm stood looking at my boss, the next minute I'm on a stretcher half way to the ER! I told them not to take me to the ER (talk about $$$$) but I promised to go to the docctor that is attached to our hospital. Apparently I have a stomach bug that is running rampid - the doctor I saw even had had it herself. She prescribed me phenagran for the sickness and just said to stay with bland foods. As for the faiting she and the ER doctor believed it was just not being able to keep anything down the last 24 hours. I'm home now, resting.

Archived