Open Club  ·  110 members  ·  Free

Journals

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you have to know hippa laws? I had to go to a compliance seminar. So boring!

Yep. We had the compliance seminars as well late last year - I suspect we are do for another one soon. We were given the option to read the material on the computer and answer the test questions (had to have over 85% I think to pass the test) OR we could sit and listen to our boss read the compliance stuff for an hour... I did the computer. Was done in 20 minutes, ha.

Every now and then the little lesson will be relevant to my job - sexual harrasment, what to do in x drill, how to properly lift, what to do in x situation, biohazzards, diseases, etc. But most of the time it's about Stark Laws, billing, keeping up with Medicare or Medicaid...

Do you have to know hippa laws? I had to go to a compliance seminar. So boring!

i think i just did those. i don't remember - all these acronyms have blended together....

the thing is, if you have any contact at at all with human subjects and their medical records, no matter how peripheral, you have to do this stuff.

i think i just did those. i don't remember - all these acronyms have blended together....

the thing is, if you have any contact at at all with human subjects and their medical records, no matter how peripheral, you have to do this stuff.

This is true. As a housekeeper I was always weaving in and out of nurses stations and rooms with doctors in them with patients. HIPPA I can understand - billing in my department I can't.

Yea hippa is totally understandable to me. Jared has to follow similar laws with his job but I don't think he has to know about hippa. But some of his office"s clients make their way to my office at times (always weird when I go to answer my office phone and his work number pops up and it's not him haha) and we can't even discuss them!

Archived