Open Club  ·  110 members  ·  Free

Journals

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tim McGraw is country, right? I love all types of music but country. It isn't very popular where I live. I don't even think we have a country station here. We used to have one, but it had such low ratings that it was switched to something else. I want to like country, I like everything else almost, but what is it about it that you enjoy? To me, the hair is too big on the women and they wear waay too much makeup, the men all look like a hillbilly or something with their cowboy hats. Now I love metal and I will say this: on the men the hair is way too big and they wear waaay too much makeup. But the music is so cool! I guess it didn't hear country music much growing up, so I never got into it. If I had the money, I'd buy you a ticket, though. If you like it, you should go.

Do they like country music over there?

Tickets can't be too much. Find out and treat yourself. What day will he be there

He's been on the UK charts before. He's currently doing a tour in Australia (or will be).

They are pretty high. I was just browsing and as close to the stage as I would want to be, we're talking about $200-$300.

Tim McGraw is country, right? I love all types of music but country. It isn't very popular where I live. I don't even think we have a country station here. We used to have one, but it had such low ratings that it was switched to something else. I want to like country, I like everything else almost, but what is it about it that you enjoy? To me, the hair is too big on the women and they wear waay too much makeup, the men all look like a hillbilly or something with their cowboy hats. Now I love metal and I will say this: on the men the hair is way too big and they wear waaay too much makeup. But the music is so cool! I guess it didn't hear it much growing up, so I never got into it.

Yeah, he's country music. I don't like the old style country - like Hank Williams Jr. and Patsy Cline - although I am a Johnny Cash fan but who can't apprectiate that man, right? I grew up with Tim McGraw, Kenny Chesney, Faith Hill, Brad Paisley, etc. ... for me it's just what I grew up with. It's my 'comfort' music so to speak. It's like when I'm in an angry mood I'll grab Linkin' Park or if I'm in a party kind of mood I'll stick on Guns N' Roses or AC/DC... country is that inbetween. When I want a mild background noise but songs I can still sing to. For a lot of people they equate country music with the cowboy hats, boots, hillbilly, etc. - and there IS country music aimed at that - but the country music I love isn't.

Like L loves the song 'Amazed' by LoneStar. HE did not know LoneStar was a country music band until I told him they were - simply because their music isn't about leaving your wife for your dog or something like that, lol

Lonestar is great. I am not really into country but I really like LoneStar. Johnny Cash is great, no debate there!

I grew up with soft rock and classic rock (Eagles, Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Mamas and the Papas) which I still like but I listen to a lot of stuff now. Mostly progressive rock, death metal, and grunge rock (think Nirvana).

(I tell people I like death metal and they don't believe me! lol)

I like a lot of classical music as well, gregorian chants, some blues and jazz, 80s and 90s rock...

Cleaning up my iTunes now. Well, I say mine but it's really L's iTunes on my laptop, lol. The man has to have over 2,000 hours worth of music on his iTunes and oddly enough we tend to share the same taste in music so he just stuck the music from his iTunes onto my laptop. But we don't like everything the same so I'm finally getting around to going in and deleting some of the songs I don't like from his selection.

Lonestar is great. I am not really into country but I really like LoneStar. Johnny Cash is great, no debate there!

I grew up with soft rock and classic rock (Eagles, Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Mamas and the Papas) which I still like but I listen to a lot of stuff now. Mostly progressive rock, death metal, and grunge rock (think Nirvana).

(I tell people I like death metal and they don't believe me! lol)

I like a lot of classical music as well, gregorian chants, some blues and jazz, 80s and 90s rock...

They aren't one of my favourite bands but I like a select few of their songs.

I grew up with the likes of AC/DC, Guns N' Roses, Queen... I really love all genres of music but from certain genres it's only select songs. I suppose if I had to pick my top 3 genres it would have to be Country, Classic Rock, and Alternative.

It's pretty awesome how versatile country music is. I remember on the drive down to Myrtle we were listening to one of the reception cds we had burnt (from L's iTunes list) and the song 'I'm Already There' came on. I knew the song from LoneStar but L knew the version Westlife did of it. However it IS a country song which was pinned by the band leader of LoneStar.

Do you ever look up music on iTunes and buy them from there? You can find some good tunes to put on the iTunes on your laptop and the songs are not that expensive ($0.99 or $1.29 per song).

I love that I can now look up songs and buy them by the song, when, in the past, I had to buy the whole CD (just for a few songs I liked).

Do you ever look up music on iTunes and buy them from there? You can find some good tunes to put on the iTunes on your laptop and the songs are not that expensive ($0.99 or $1.29 per song).

I love that I can now look up songs and buy them by the song, when, in the past, I had to buy the whole CD (just for a few songs I liked).

With L's extesnive muisc library I haven't yet but I do have my own iTunes account .

Any plans for your days off?

I'm off Monday but not really. I'm going to hit the 20/20/20 gym class Monday morning though.

Nice steady day at work. For all I complain about my thankless job, I really enjoy it. Not IT particuarly but jobs were I'm constantly moving and is more 'labour' oriented I suppose. I miss working a cash register (when I was a gas station clerk I never would have imagined myself saying THAT!) but it's fast pace, my hands are constantly moving... it's never the same thing every day, ya know? It isn't the same every day at what I do now but what I do now is more structured I suppose. I do get paid more with better benefits now so I suppose I can't complain that much, lol

L gets his promotion in 2 months! SO proud of him. He's worked very hard for this and put so much into it because it's the reason I'll be able to move over. So that's been a huge amount of stress on him, that and his job anyway takes a huge mental toll on him. I know he's just ready for a break from work.

a bunch of girls at work are getting married soon (some virtually right after the other with a few weeks inbetween the weddings) and tonight I happen to go outside for my last break (being the huge introvert that I am I usually take my breaks in my department by myself) and they were talking wedding chat. One asked me how to best describe our wedding day from my point of view and it was kind of hard to try to explain. I guess it's one of those things that people can TRY to tell you about but it's hard to understand until you go through it. There are certain moments during that day that are kind of muddled, like getting ready. I wasn't nervous or anything (which I think made my MOH and every one around me nervous, lol) but looking back I really can't recall a defining moment during that time frame. But then there are moments like when I was walking down the stairs in the house to go outside and my MOH and BM were walking in front of me as my bridal party quarterbacks in case L happen to pop back into the house and I can just clearly see that moment in my mind. I can also clearly see the moment my uncle walked in after I got ready and said, "You look beautiful." (which made me cry, btw). And probably the clearest moment of all was when I walked down the aisle. After my uncle nad I had navigated the stairs and I looked down the aisle to L, that moment is forever in my head. But then the actualy ceremony itself is kind of blurry. I don't remember much except for staring at L (and him not being able to get my ring on, lol) and most everything else that day was a blur. It's hard to explain that though because when your wedding planning you are SO focused on all the details that you can't imagine not having clariety that day.

It's a experience, for sure.

Definitely hard to describe the wedding day. The best way I can describe walking down the aisle and the ceremony is like being on drugs (not that I actually know what that would be like) .. but that's the only way I can describe it. I had tunnel vision - went from being totally calm all day to incredibly excited very quickly 5 mins before the ceremony started - couldn't stop shaking while walking down the aisle - and just felt a really weird (but good) high.

Didn't expect that at all. Just figured I'd be calm throughout like I was while getting ready!

Another baby announcement on facebook. Hm.

Hugs from here too. Another thing to be happy about though is that you don't have to worry about your age. I'll be 31 when we start trying. If it turns out I did leave it too late we'll have noone to blame but us..

I don't even remember my wedding. We lived near San Diego, he got drunk and said, "let's to down to T.J. and get married. So we did. The ceremony wasn't even in English (that was okay, I was raised in L.A. and speak pretty good Spanish). Some wedding, huh? I never wanted to get married in the first place, I just wasn't thinking, really.

Definitely hard to describe the wedding day. The best way I can describe walking down the aisle and the ceremony is like being on drugs (not that I actually know what that would be like) .. but that's the only way I can describe it. I had tunnel vision - went from being totally calm all day to incredibly excited very quickly 5 mins before the ceremony started - couldn't stop shaking while walking down the aisle - and just felt a really weird (but good) high.

Didn't expect that at all. Just figured I'd be calm throughout like I was while getting ready!

I was actually pretty calm walking down the aisle. I mean, I could feel my heart pounding in my chest and I was so focused on L I never realized I wasn't holding my bouquet up until AFTER we got to the bottom of the aisle and my uncle had sat down, haha. My mom and MOH said they kept trying to motion to me that I was holding my bouquet down by my side but honestly, I never took my eyes off L. It's like your riveted to him in that moment.

Hugs from here too. Another thing to be happy about though is that you don't have to worry about your age. I'll be 31 when we start trying. If it turns out I did leave it too late we'll have noone to blame but us..

I know, but there is a small part of me that does worry about the age. No reason to, no logical reason to, I just do. I think I'll be about 26-27 when we start trying. I've accepted the fact it won't happen when we want it to but sometimes seeing almost everyone on my facebook having a baby kind of still just tugs at me...

I don't even remember my wedding. We lived near San Diego, he got drunk and said, "let's to down to T.J. and get married. So we did. The ceremony wasn't even in English (that was okay, I was raised in L.A. and speak pretty good Spanish). Some wedding, huh? I never wanted to get married in the first place, I just wasn't thinking, really.

I'm sorry Jig.

I forgot to look at Jared while walking down. It was the first I was seeing the venue set up and I couldn't stop looking around. But I shook through the entire ceremony and before it. You can see it in the video. He even had to hold my vows for me bc I couldn't stop shaking enough to hold them myself.

Archived