Open Club  ·  110 members  ·  Free

Journals

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What would you say helped you most with this transition?
As OG says embracing the culture and not comparing one against the other to the detriment of the new country. It isn't worse just because they do it differently. It is also important to pursue your own interests and make new friends of your own there and not just tag along with your spouse.

I wonder how much I'm gonna bring in at my new job after taxes and insurance come out. We are hoping to bring in $4500 a month combined, take home. That's our goal.

that's not bad really. With conversion and such L and I will be bringing home a little below that I think, if I'm doing the math right.

Taxes and deductions for medical and union and pension eat me alive. Grrrrr I wonder if I can just boycott taxes and deductions for a month. LOL

Yeah deductions are nuts. Income tax and EI and Canada pension and work pension, it is just endless. I think my husband has paid $1800 just this month in all that.

2 random things just happened:

1 - my mother took up for me in an argument with my stepdad. Hell hath frozen over.

2 - I haven't attended college since Aug of 2010. I got a letter from the school I use to go to online congratulating me about being on the Dean's List for the winter 2011 semester and for being enrolled in 8 hours of courses with a 3.5 GPA or higher. They also sent me a lavander honor cord - while I've never had an honour anything in my life, pretty sure this was a mistake, lol

I'm so ready to start our lives together. On the way to work we were talking about all were we would like to travel someday - St Martaan for our ten year anniversary, back to NY where we first met, Egypt (all for me and my love of ancient history), Rome, Australia, South Africa, Paris... So ready for the next 50 years .

Ared and I do that all the time. We have a lot of the same wants for the future but ww argue about the details. Like what sort of boat to get. We both know we want to buy a boat before we buy a house. But I want a pontoon boat and he wants a fast speed boat ( for no other reason except to go fast).

Since I had the iPhone it doesn't push email notfications. Since L and I talk through iMessage now I rarely remember to check my email but maybe once a day. Tonight I remembered while I was at work and L had sent me a video, just a quick little message to tell me he loved me (he had sent it after we had said good night). It absolutely made me grin ear to ear. I love when he does romantic things like that, small and not traditionally romantic. Like today on the way to work he said, "One of the things I love about you is you don't wear high heels." I dunno why but I found it absolutely sweet.

I think I can see where L is coming from on the high heels thing.

I personally think they are more impractical than sexy so high heels just don't do it for me either.

Thick soled shoes are fine though.

Pretty much what he said - that and something about you can't hear me coming from a mile away (apparently one of his room mates had them on and was clanking around and it was annoying him, lol!) I think a small part of it is as well if I wear high heels with him, I'm almost the same height as him whereas with no heels I come right about his chin level.

Yes I can understand and have the same feelings about the sound of a horse coming up the hallway on a wooden floor.

The first thing I do is look at the shoes being worn and it's not because I find them sexy.

It's because I am looking at what a person is wearing which caused that noise.

I believe there is a small part of the height as well.

Yes I can understand and have the same feelings about the sound of a horse coming up the hallway on a wooden floor.

The first thing I do is look at the shoes being worn and it's not because I find them sexy.

It's because I am looking at what a person is wearing which caused that noise.

I believe there is a small part of the height as well.

lol, that had me in stitches Dark. I love the LOOK of high heels on women - I think they are sexy and feminine and they length the legs but I personally can't wear them. I waddle like a duck as it is, with heels I look like a waddling duck over lava.

It's completely sexist or whatever you want to call it but I love that he's taller than me.

Yea I have so many posts...it's always up on my phone and computertoo.

B, you can set your email tocheck every five mins and it'll push it for you.

How?! i don't even think my husband knows of this! That's always been the ONE thing I miss about my Droid is it would push email notifications.

Archived