Open Club  ·  110 members  ·  Free

Journals

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My husband also doesn't like tats nor does he have any so it's not like he's a hypocrit. I used to want one in my early 20s but as time went on I decided I didn't want to ink my body because it's a forever thing.

If it's something you really truly want then go for it! But think of the long haul too and also places of employment. For example, my place you have to cover up all tattoos so maybe get it in a more conspicous place?

Sounds great! I used to do a lot of elvish writing in my art so i know it will look amazing. I have one on my wrist too and have to tell you out of my 5 it was THE most painful one, yikes! Same with my bf too, his wrist one hurt badly, think we just have veiny wrists lol! I went to see about a new tattoo last week but they don't do finger ones in my local parlour, i'm gutted but kind of impressed over their regulations.

I have always thought of getting one but never have. My husband finds them trashy. At first he argued with me about them and now he just says your body do as you want. He still finds them trashy though. I think some are very nice. I am not into big huge ones or anything, just something small. My brother's wife said the top of the foot hurt too. She has the all seeing eye on her foot.

I have always thought of getting one but never have. My husband finds them trashy. At first he argued with me about them and now he just says your body do as you want. He still finds them trashy though. I think some are very nice. I am not into big huge ones or anything, just something small. My brother's wife said the top of the foot hurt too. She has the all seeing eye on her foot.

Even though I have some i do find certain ones on women very trashy looking, hypocritcal me! But saying that, I'm a bit 'out there' anyway and not exactly conventional looking

I do know my bf was pretty shocked when i mentioned wanting a half sleeve so thats a no-no now

My husband also doesn't like tats nor does he have any so it's not like he's a hypocrit. I used to want one in my early 20s but as time went on I decided I didn't want to ink my body because it's a forever thing.

If it's something you really truly want then go for it! But think of the long haul too and also places of employment. For example, my place you have to cover up all tattoos so maybe get it in a more conspicous place?

Most places here you do have to cover it up but I asked our head of HR and she said it was okay. And England is a lot more relaxed on that than we are - L works for their government and has 4 arm tattoos and wears short sleeved dress shirts every day.

lol, yeah. I don't think L finds them trashy, he just doesn't like how they look on women - and as someone who has tattoos he freely admits that makes him a bit sexiest. But I understand him to a degree. While I LOVE his tattoos, I don't find full on sleeved tattoos on men attractive at all. If he were to decide to get a full sleeved tattoo I would never tell him 'you can't get that' but I would ask him to think about it a little longer (mostly because like him I agree when you get any kind of you should give it serious thought to if you want that particular tattoo). So I know he's not fond of me getting them but respects the fact it's my body, and I respect the fact he doesn't like them but since he's had them, he's not going to not answer my questions about getting them simply because he dislikes the idea.

Sounds great! I used to do a lot of elvish writing in my art so i know it will look amazing. I have one on my wrist too and have to tell you out of my 5 it was THE most painful one, yikes! Same with my bf too, his wrist one hurt badly, think we just have veiny wrists lol! I went to see about a new tattoo last week but they don't do finger ones in my local parlour, i'm gutted but kind of impressed over their regulations.

Did you have it on the inside of your wrists Fox? I have asked a few people I know with inside wrist tattoos and it's a varying pain thing - some said it didn't hurt, some said it wasn't bad but as their worst one. The place my best friend goes (were I'll be be going since I know their reputation) won't do neck tattoos - at all.

I have what they refer to as a 'tramp stamp' on my lower back. I honestly forget I have it (got it when I was 18) because I never see it (obviously) and no one else really does either. People have gotten glimpses of it and said, "YOU have a tattoo?!?" (I guess I don't look like the tattoo having type!) and I sometimes have to think about it like oh yeah, I do have one! I'm completely indifferent to it, I don't love it, but I don't regret it either. My husband has no tattoos and he said he will never have one.

When I was pregnant the first time SO many people told me I couldn't get an epidural because of it, however, that turned out to be completely incorrect (in my case at least).

I have what they refer to as a 'tramp stamp' on my lower back. I honestly forget I have it (got it when I was 18) because I never see it (obviously) and no one else really does either. People have gotten glimpses of it and said, "YOU have a tattoo?!?" (I guess I don't look like the tattoo having type!) and I sometimes have to think about it like oh yeah, I do have one! I'm completely indifferent to it, I don't love it, but I don't regret it either. My husband has no tattoos and he said he will never have one.

When I was pregnant the first time SO many people told me I couldn't get an epidural because of it, however, that turned out to be completely incorrect (in my case at least).

What? Yeah, I have never heard of that. My best friend has a tramp stamp (although her's is a little higher than most) and she had an epidural. That's the ONE place L voices a very strong opinion that he doesn't like them on and I'm okay with it because I tend to have lower back problems and don't like anyone getting down in that area so it's all good, lol.

The wrist one was my last and hurt like heck, yeah was on the inside. I was working with a girl who also had one there and she said it was her easiest! I have very thin and veiny wrists - attractive! This girl had lovely plain wrists so maybe that's why! My thigh one was Pre children, that was ok, a large back one after children and the guy tattooing couldn't believe I could handle no breaks! Childbirth makes everything easier! And my neck was ok too. Just the wrist was ouchy. My bf had his done ages ago and it hurt and it kind of scabbed, bleurgh, his others are ok.

I don't think you should get one that cannot be easily covered. Most professional fields frown upon visible tattoos and a wrist tattoo would be hard to hide. I have an upper back tattoo and I love it (got it almost 2 years ago) and I like that it's personal...no one knows about it unless I show it to them. I like the tattoo idea itself but really think about it...will its visibility cause problems for you???

In this country it really isn't the taboo it seems to be in the US. No one has a problem with them unless they are endorsing something like racisim (obviously) Agreed it used to be, but now Police Officers can be seen with them with no problems. And actually why should they be? It's an expression of self - hardly infringing anyone else.

It is an expression of self however at least in the US as you said it is taboo. I'm not saying it should be but it is. If it's a non-issue in the UK then I don't see why placement would matter other than personal taste. I wouldn't get anything on my legs or arms but that's just my preference. For a small tattoo it doesn't matter quite so much.

I left te pen job on and honestly I forget it's there. It's nt on top like L's so unless I turn my wrist over I forget it's there. Of the three I want it's the only visible one which is why I took so long to figure out what I wanted. The ones on my shoulders were easy - a fairy on one and then a dragon and butterfly on my left shoulder. When we have kids I plan on putting their birthdates around the dragon and butterfly.

Re: the visibility of wrist tattoos... a friend of mine has one, and she wanted to/was expected to cover it up during student teaching. Hers is a fairly small dragon, and she was able to get a thick bracelet that covered it up just fine. I can only think of a couple of times I actually noticed it when she wasn't showing it to someone, and we lived together and shared a lot of classes. Wrist tattoos are easier to cover up than you'd think.

What a nice start to my 3 day weekend off.

I got up at 7:45 this morning (didn't fall asleep until 3 am I think) to drive the hour to my home town (nearest Hobby Lobby is there. I hate living in the middle of no where...). Dropped $80 there in scrapbooking stuff but I think I got everything to do our wedding, one of my niece's Easters, and both my niece and nephew's past Halloween. The paper for those wasn't bad ($20), it's just everything else for it that makes it go bonkers! After that I stopped off by the local Walmart and picked up some ink for my printer (another $30). I was going to stop by the tattoo place to get a price quote but they didn't open til 12 and I was starving and exhausted so I swung by my favorite chinese place and picked some up and headed home. Talked to L on the way home after he got off work and we web cammed for about 45 minutes after I got home. He got an early night since he was exhausted and I laid down for a nap at 1-2 I think and slept til 6.

Mom came and woke me up at 6 because Tyler needed a bath and she has a krick in her neck so she can't pick him up or move very fast. I said sure so I gave him a bath (got soaked in the process as these things go) and then I washed up the dinner dishes for her. Now I'm just catching up on ENA and facebook before I dig out crafting stuff and get to work on using this stuff!

I also had the most heart warming moment this morning with Tyler. He hates when anyone leaves and he doesn't go with them so my mom has gotten use to telling him to look out the window when people leave. As I was leaving she told him to and he ran to the window. I walked outside and to the front window he was looking at and put my forehead to the glass which put me at about floor level to the living room. He bent down and put his head to the window and I could hear him say 'hii' through the glass. So cute.

Archived