Open Club  ·  110 members  ·  Free

Journals

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh my gosh has it really been a year since the last time you saw him? I'm so happy for you both and so glad he landed safely.

yep, a year to the day. And we seriously didn't plan that, lol. But Oct 11th was the day I saw him off to the airport last year. thank you Hers! you are def one of our strongest supporters and we both love you for it!

No problem I'm just so happy for you guys. I can only imagine how you felt the second you guys saw each other!

Oh God, that hour and a half was horrible. Literally every balding guy in a black shirt made my heart leap and then sink when I realized it wasn't him. And then there he was... and actually, when we first spoke, it startled each of us because we hadn't heard each other's accents in person in over a year and both were SO thick to the other's ears. lol

Awwweee I squeed. A whole year. Can’t imagine!

I know what you mean about thinking it’s him and then realizing it’s someone else. Obviously to a lesser extent because I see Alex everyday, but if I see the same car somewhere, or some tall guy with thick dark hair, my heart always skips a beat thinking that it’s him. You must be emotionally exhausted by now!

so tomorrow morning you go get the marriage license?

Yep, we'll hopefully be in Greenville about lunch time or a little after to file for it.

I'm glad it's all going well for you, OG!

Thank you Heart!

I bet Laying in his arms is better than any wedding could be

Yes it is... as well as having my personal furnance back, lol

Awwweee I squeed. A whole year. Can’t imagine!

I know what you mean about thinking it’s him and then realizing it’s someone else. Obviously to a lesser extent because I see Alex everyday, but if I see the same car somewhere, or some tall guy with thick dark hair, my heart always skips a beat thinking that it’s him. You must be emotionally exhausted by now!

I was, honestly. I was about to have a heart attack stood there waiting on him. There was a woman behind me whose dad was on the same flight as L and they were worried as well. Then they saw him and like the crowd of people kind of went away and I was like 'sh**. Where is he?!'

Another long day. L and I have been up since about 5:30 this morning and just been on the go. We were at my house by 9 to pick up my dress and transfer the stuff from my desk computer to L's USB stick so I can put it on my laptop (still gotta get use to saying that!) and pick my dress up. Then we headed straight to the city were we had to get our marriage license from. We swung by the social security office so L could get that paper that stated he wasn't a US citizen so he didn't have a SS# (which we were surprised to be in and out of there in 10 minutes) and then went to the probate court to file for our license which, surprisingly again, was only 10 minutes. But it's official - our license is applied for and we will pick it up tomorrow at 12:30.

Then we ran to Walmart to double check they had the new cake order in place and to give them the ribbon for the cake. We picked up a few items while we were there before heading to meet my bestie, her daughter, and her boyfriend for lunch. Fairly good lunch too with conversation.

L and I are laying in the bed in the hotel room of my hometown on our respective laptops (ha!). I need to double check the guest list one last time to make sure how many is coming - especially since a family of 5 who RSVPed can't make it now and the OTHER family of 5 who didn't RSVP sent me a facebook message saying they were coming - so yeah. I'll be so happy when this wedding is over....

Can't wait to hear your "in hindsight" statement next week!!

knowing L and I, you guys will hear one the night of the wedding.

I'm just tired of everyone coming to me with questions. My bestie asked me what kind of bra she should get for her MOH dress (it's halter top but the halter part of it is see through frabic). She wanted a bra with straps and I was like 'no, that will look terrible with pictures. I had to wear panty hose at your wedding, you have to wear a strapless bra.'

Archived