Open Club  ·  113 members  ·  Free

Journals

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I actually stuck with my diet. I'm shocked.

I have had no sodas in almost 24 hours (very hard considering where I eat there is vending machine RIGHT in front of my face) and I have ate three small meals. Sadly no exercise will be done tonight because I'm about to fall asleep typing this.

So, today:

Breakfast- Frosted Flakes (actually measured out the serving size)

Dinner- Ham/Cheese sandwhich with wheat crackers and water to drink (BIG step for me, that one)

Supper- Spaghetti-O's (I chose the 180 calorie can of Spaghetti-O's over the 400 calorie pizza I could have thrown in the oven) with a glass of milk.

All in all, not a really bad day for me. I need to stick some Slimfasts in the fridge so I can have them as my breakfast meal.

I'm also getting up early tomorrow before work and going the Wellness Center, which is the Hospital's gym. As an employee of the hospital I only have to pay $16 a month to use the gym. Not going to get another deal like that and it's literally right next to work and it's 24 hours. I have no excuess not to go now. I can go before work or after work.

Diet has been gong okay oddly enough.

Yesterday for breakfast I had two packets of instant grits and a glass of milk (measured everything out, again).

For lunch at work I had another ham and cheese sandwhich with wheat cheddar and cheese crackers.

And then last night I splurged and had Pizza Hut pizza with a sweet tea. Wasn't a soda, at least.

Then I had a weak moment last night and made corn dogs and had a small glass of Pepsi. Figured one slip in two days wasn't bad.

This morning I had two pieces of buttered toast and a glass of milk. Mom cooked pizza for supper... it's so dang hard to loose weight living in this house. Eating healthy is out the window pretty much. I'm just eating less and trying to exercise more. Going to join the hospital gym Monday.

On another note, I'm furious with British unions. Apparently the company that owns Heathrow Airport (the one CS will be flying out of) is doing something with a union and the union is threatening to go on strike... pretty much it means fi they do, the airport won't be able to work the days they are on strike and it could be the days CS is coming over here in October. So, it's the damn Icelandic volcano again. I know there is nothing to worry about, we still have 49 days until he comes but still, I'll worry until I know he is on that plane coming over here.

We actually managed to have a nice talk today on my day off. He is spending tomorrow with friends and we won't get talk as much (if at all) and although we squeeze in talking for 30 minutes on my lunch break, it's just not the same as three or four hours worth of talking to him. I love having those long conversations with him, especially about the wedding or when I move to England. Come to think about it I don't think we even discussed the wedding at all today....

I'm looking forward to finally having a car after almost a year. Life lesson: Never let your SO who isn't your husband drive your car when he can't drive. Thanks to my ex, I lost my car last October (he wrecked it). So over the last few months I have been saving up for one. I kind of HAVE to have one by October for us to go to Gatlinmburg, which there is no problem with me doing that.

So, an old woman flashed me today at work. well, not me exactly.

She was eating and I came into clean and there was another resident's visitor in there and she just stripped her top off. I suppose that in itself wouldn't have been bad except a) she didn't have a bra on and b) she started SHAKING them at the poor male visitor. Not just 'hey look at me' shake either a full on 'get your attention slapping them together' shake.

All I could do was just stand there, a cleaning bottle in one hand and my phone in the other and think to myself, "W....t.....f?'

I'm moving over there Feb 2012 so hopefully by the end of that year we will be pregnant. It still feels like forever sometimes. I love talking about kids though with CS, we even already have all the names picked out, lol.

what are the names?

jared and i talk about the names of our future kids. but more so dreamlike, since we're still completely undecided about them. it's still a fun subject though.

The boy will be named Finn. Jared wants his middle name to be Elliot (Finn Elliot C___...FEC! Yeah, seriously, he wants to say it like a bad word).I want his middle name to be Tutuola. Finn Tutuola C___.

We're big Law and Order SVU fans. Seriously, I'd name my kid after a rapper-turned-sex crimes detective. Hell yeah. Finn Elliot would be after both of the detectives on there. My go would be just the one detective.

As for girls, we don't really talk about girls names. I like old-fashioned names like Suzanne and Amelia. Jared doesn't really contribute much to those haha.

what are the names?

jared and i talk about the names of our future kids. but more so dreamlike, since we're still completely undecided about them. it's still a fun subject though.

The boy will be named Finn. Jared wants his middle name to be Elliot (Finn Elliot C___...FEC! Yeah, seriously, he wants to say it like a bad word).I want his middle name to be Tutuola. Finn Tutuola C___.

We're big Law and Order SVU fans. Seriously, I'd name my kid after a rapper-turned-sex crimes detective. Hell yeah. Finn Elliot would be after both of the detectives on there. My go would be just the one detective.

As for girls, we don't really talk about girls names. I like old-fashioned names like Suzanne and Amelia. Jared doesn't really contribute much to those haha.

Ours are:

Boys:

Matthew Luke K___

Zack David K___

Nicholas James K___

Girls:

Kari Elaine K___

Kayleigh Bridgette K___ (this one is CS's choice).

Kimberly Elisabeth K___

We literally spent a whole day one day going through baby name websites, naming ones we liked off and saying 'yay' or 'nay'. Our first girl and boy names were pretty much a no brainer. We kind of switched off, if I got the first name pick he picked the middle or vise versa.

Oh I LOVE SVU too. I haven't watched it in a while but if I catch it on, I'll watch it. My favorite of the Law and Order shows by far.

I love the name Finn! It's so cute but manly at the same time.

My nephew's name is Luke so I love that name either way. My mom's name is Brigid but I've always liked the Bridgette spelling better (big Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants fan haha).

Kayleigh is pretty but it's not my favorite. It's the spelling I think. B/c of how my name is spelled, I'm nto a fan of overly complicated spellings haha. Like when people spell "Riley" (a simple name) as "Ryeleigh". I've seriously seen it that way. I saw my name spelled "Meyghaen" recently in an article I think. I wanted to vomit.

My nephew's name is Luke so I love that name either way. My mom's name is Brigid but I've always liked the Bridgette spelling better (big Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants fan haha).

Kayleigh is pretty but it's not my favorite. It's the spelling I think. B/c of how my name is spelled, I'm nto a fan of overly complicated spellings haha

Luke has always been my favorite boys name (odd I'm marrying the guy who has my favorite boy name, lol). His family has a tradition of the dad's first name becomes the son's middle name. I thought it was a super sweet tradition. And my middle name is Elaine so I wanted to continue that with my oldest girl.

At some point I also decided to do all K's with my girls... lol.

I'm not fond of Kayleigh Bridgette but he let me have Zack (he says it's SO an American name) so I gave him that one. He wanted my name in there too so, I couldn't fault the man for being sweet. Yeah, see, I hate how mine is spelled. It's the LONGEST way to spell it.

We were actually trying to come up with one more girl and one more boy name today since we want four (and the odd chance we have all boys or all girls Not as easy as the first go around, lol.

I like Zack! I think it's a strong name.

Jared's first name is Michael but he goes by Jared. His dad's first name is George but he goes by Michael (yeah, he's George Michael). So it's sort of the same tradition but they call them by their middle name (Jared is one of my favorite boys' names though. I even had a cat named Jared when I was a kid!).

In our family, we keep the mom's middle name. So my mom is Brigid Eileen and I'm Mehgan Eileen. My sister's middle name is my mom's first name. Then my one cousin has my great-grandmother's name as her middle name, and another cousin has something similar.

I, however, won't be doing any traditions. Dammit.

Suzanne Amelia is what I'd aim for for a girl. But hopefully I have no kids as it is, so I don't know why I talk about all of this haha.

Oh, I was so facebook stalking you tonight Hers and I came accross a picture of you, Jared, and a baby girl. You were on a cell phone and he was holding the baby. I know you are very undecided on kids but I have to say, that was the most adorable picture I had ever seen. And be it your own kid or adopted, you guys would make GREAT parents.

haha. we like to take pictures with our friends' kids and post them to make us look like a happy family. there's one where we're pushing a stroller and looking lovingly into the stroller while holding hands. it's funny to us. we're pretty sick haha.

no doubt we'd be good parents. but i sort of just want him all to myself. and share him only on holidays and sunday dinners and special occassions with our nephews and neices. it's stupid. but i just dont see having a family as something that'd make me happy.

I love Zach too. It's actually the name of one of my favorite soap opera actors character (All My Children) so yeah... so named my second son after him, haha. (kidding, babe).

I think Luke is a strong name too, which is why it's always been my favorite.

Yeah, we kind of do the same too. My grandma's middle name is Ellen so my aunt's middle name is Ellen as well as her daughter's. My mom's is Elaine and so is mine and she asked me to at least carry that on.

Really the only one of our kids' names that isn't connected to us or a family member is Kimberly Elisabeth. David is CS's middle name and I wanted one of the other boy's to have a connection to him. James is my uncle's name, I wanted to honor him somehow.

I think that's a cute name for a girl! I am very picky about names, thankfully we normally liked the same ones. I think the only ones we had to barter for were Zack and Kayleigh.

haha. we like to take pictures with our friends' kids and post them to make us look like a happy family. there's one where we're pushing a stroller and looking lovingly into the stroller while holding hands. it's funny to us. we're pretty sick haha.

no doubt we'd be good parents. but i sort of just want him all to myself. and share him only on holidays and sunday dinners and special occassions with our nephews and neices. it's stupid. but i just dont see having a family as something that'd make me happy.

And there is nothing wrong with that. It's like you said, it's something nice to talk about for if it happens or if it doesn't.

I didn't think I'd find a guy who wanted kids as much as I did but I found CS. lol

Yeah I am. I kind of have to, since I have to have a way to pick CS up at the airport in October and go to Gatlinburg, lol.

I'm doing the finance route though, so I'm just weighing how long we can handle me making a car payment and if it will fall into the months we were planning on saving for the wedding, since we aren't actually going to be saving until next March or April. But I'm 90% sure I'm getting this car. Going to check one more place just to see if I can find a better deal on a off chance.

So I called the dealer back and I can put $700 or $800 deposit down this Saturday and he will keep the car on the lot until the 3rd when I get the money for the insurance down payment. Which is awesome, I just hope the car doesn't sell inbetween now and Sat. He already sold the other one I was looking at but never considered buying so, fingers crossed!

Why do I watch Shark Week specials? I love the ocean, even if I live 5 hours away from it. I love getting IN the ocean. But every time I watch one of these documentaries I wonder why the H I ever get in the ocean....

Like this picture. That's a beautiful yet deadly animal staring back at me saying, "I dare you to come in here. I will eat you."

Yeahhhhh no thanks. I can't swim anyway, I'll stick to just standing in the surf...

Archived