Open Club  ·  110 members  ·  Free

Journals

I can't stand the smell of most of that stuff! I shave my lip even thought the hair doesn't show (I'm very fair and my facial hair is beyond blonde). I know it's there though, so I shave it every other day. I hate any kind of facila hair on me, my brows are both waxed and plucked, almost to oblivion! Just my stupid obsessions. I have brunette friends who always ask me "Why?" I don't know.

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I changed our cake. Well, nothing about the cake just the size of it per say. I had a bill come up I completely and utterly forgot and needed to bring down the budge for the cake. Same concept - chocolate with White buttercream icing and all the details, it's just going to be one layer, kind of like a birthday cake looks. Sort of.

I changed our cake. Well, nothing about the cake just the size of it per say. I had a bill come up I completely and utterly forgot and needed to bring down the budge for the cake. Same concept - chocolate with White buttercream icing and all the details, it's just going to be one layer, kind of like a birthday cake looks. Sort of.

It will have the topper though. so it won't be a birthday cake. you can cut the slices a little smaller.

It will have the topper though. so it won't be a birthday cake. you can cut the slices a little smaller.

I'm hoping it can withhold the topper... it's pure porcelin. But yeah. We're getting a full sheet (I assume as a cake lady you know what I'm talking about, because I don't, lol) which they said would feed 100 people, MORE than enough for people to ahave extra slices and for mom to bring some to my co workers.

you decided not to do the round, 2 tier? if you have 38 people, you don't really need for 100 people....

if you want to make sure that the figurine has enough support, you can insert a few dowels (wooden sticks - you can get them at any hobby store) or drinking straws in that location where the topper will be, cover it with frosting, and then you can put the topper on. it will give support.

Well Walmart only has 2 options on their wedding cakes - 2 or 3 tier. So I had to go down to the flat sheet birthday like cake thingie. We def don't need for 100 but the 1/2 sheet feeds 44-48 and is $25. For $10 more we can get the full sheet.

We will probably do that with the drinking straws. I mean, I'm sure if we set it firmly enough in place and pushed down just a little it would stay but it is pretty heavy for such a tiny thing...

My niece just had a flat cake, no tiers, for her wedding. The cake was delicious and that is all anyone cared about. You don't NEED tiers for it to be a wedding cake, it just has to be served at a wedding, right?

That's what I'm going on, lol. I'm still going to have the yellow ribbon around the bottom and put the tiffany blue daisy heads around it.

lol - well. I still had some trinkets my ex gave me over the course of our relationship that I had tried selling on Ebay here and there (I don't have my future husband's savy Ebay skills though). Mom happened to be heading to a pawn shop to sell some old stuff of her's as well so I handed her the last couple of pieces I had to see what I could get for them. $66 isn't bad.

Although L found it funny that we will be paying for our wedding dinner with the profits off an old relationships trinkets.

Dammit L. So we were on web cam and talking about wedding stuff and my email notification thingie went off. I looked and it said 'L's sister has confirmed you as a friend on facebook'. I was like 'what? I didn't friend request her!' There of course is my snickering fiance on the web cam who had logged in as me and friend requested my future sister in law. Then I'm sat there thinking great, now I'm going to have to friend request my future MIL so she doesn't think I'm snubbing her. Thanks hunny.

Archived