Open Club  ·  110 members  ·  Free

Journals

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well it's just having your marriage blessed under the eyes of god (says me, the agnostic!). A lot of couples here do it after 10, 20 years or whatever but get dressed up in their wedding stuff all over again.

Also as for being baptised in church here, not sure you're right on that. It depends more on the individual vicar. Old time ones will refuse to allow divorcees to remarry in church but I've seen so many do that now. I *think* as long as one of you or family is from or loving on the parish it's ok.

Yeah, that's not for us. We aren't religious. Oh well. I can visit and take lots of pretty pictures and show my family what a REAL church is suppose to look like. I'll never forget the first time L saw a church down here... he was very shocked.

You want to see a beautiful church? link removed

Flip through the photos. The ceiling is like the Sistine Chapel. Back when we first got together, Alex said he wanted to marry in that church. While it is gorgeous, he doesn't regard Saskatchewan as home anymore, and it means nothing to me. That and we don't attend church anymore. GORGEOUS church though!! Another photo link removed and one more for good measure (of the stained glass) link removed

If L and I could have gotten married were we wanted to, it would be here:

link removed

Amazingly gorgeous view, it's a little chapel that just sits right on the edge of the mountain, has no walls or anything, it's all completely open. But it's an hour away from everyone and $1,000 for 2 hours - not in our budget.

You want to see a beautiful church? link removed

Flip through the photos. The ceiling is like the Sistine Chapel. Back when we first got together, Alex said he wanted to marry in that church. While it is gorgeous, he doesn't regard Saskatchewan as home anymore, and it means nothing to me. That and we don't attend church anymore. GORGEOUS church though!! Another photo link removed and one more for good measure (of the stained glass) link removed

That made me drool, lol

I think an old-fashioned deep rural wedding is really romantic - you know the sort I mean. The bride looks young but with a slight protuberance in the mid-section, the bridegroom looks extremely nervous and the father of the bride and the best man (who is also the bride's brother) are wearing bib-overalls and carrying shotguns.

I think an old-fashioned deep rural wedding is really romantic - you know the sort I mean. The bride looks young but with a slight protuberance in the mid-section, the bridegroom looks extremely nervous and the father of the bride and the best man (who is also the bride's brother) are wearing bib-overalls and carrying shotguns.

lol - this make me laugh because my brother is L's best man.

Long day off. I have been up since about 9:30 when my acid reflux woke me up. >.

Apparently the entire world is trying to annoy me today because to begin with there was this woman in Walmart who would park her buggy at one section in the aisle but then walk FIVE FEET away from her buggie to look at another section. If this had happened once I wouldn't have thought anything of it but this happened on 3 different occassions and it was the same women. >.

After all that I met my bestie at Cracker Barrell and we had a quick lunch were she asked a bunch of questions about the wedding and I let her know some details about what was going down the day before and of. Then we went to Rue 21 were I picked up some underwear for the honeymoon along with a $3 hoodie. Not bad. We kept walking around and the loner in me pushed myself to be sociable and not to complain about going into stores without buying anything. I had fun though, even though I was breaking in my wedding shoes and half way through our shopping I took them off and just walked bare foot. My feet thanked me.

Then of course I get home and am greeted by a smiling one year old who almost kills himself trying to get to me...

I think something got in Jasper's. eye. I noticed his fur around his left eye was dark and I went to go touch it and it was wet. He keeps closing that eye (kind of like we do if we have an eyelash in ours) and it keeps waterying up so I'm taking that as a good sign that he's trying to flush out whatever is in there. I went to go put some wedding stuff in my mom's storage shed and of course he followed me outside. He didn't go past the second step but I don't know if dust got in his eye or if he ran into something... poor guy.

Archived