Open Club  ·  110 members  ·  Free

Journals

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RW - we cooked our own meals. Our cabin was about a 20 min drive from town so unless we were out and about we cooked ourselves. He would cook one night, I would cook the next. I even cooked him pancakes on his birthday.

KH - yeah, there are plenty of walkable places. There is one main road that goes through the town and that's were all the shops and attractions are. And I'm sure they have nature trails around there.

Honestly, I highly recommend New York for your visit here. That's were L and I met and I love it. There is so much to see and do and its not as touristy as Gatlinburg. Plus you can get a city pass and it gives you access to a bunch of stuff - empire state building, the Rockefeller, mueseums - for a great cost. We almost met Matt Damon atop the Rockefeller building.

I'll do a proper journal in a little while but geez I'm a klutz.

Okay, there is a saying in our family called 'pulling an L' - in honor of my fiancé. When we came to my house when he was down in Gatlinbur as he was walking in his foot got caught on the last step - which we all have done before - and he fell as he was walking in. I laughed, of course. I laugh when people hurt themselves, I can't help it. So now whenever someone trips on the steps we call it pulling an L.

So.

I was walling up the stairs tonight and our stairs aren't sturdy. We live in a double wide so the steps leading up to it ar bricks that form stairs. Some move, some don't and theere is no railing on the sides. As I was walking I got up to about the third one and my foot caught on the stair. So I'm tripping forward and some reason I lean to the right - were I would have fallen completely off the stairs - and I manage to right myself away from falling off but I still fall forward and hit the front door wit my palms very hard. Like typing right now they hurt. I just muttered bugger and wlked inside.

Little did I know that mom and jasper heard me coming. So jasper was on the other side of the door and from a dead silence she heard me smack the door - literally I was inches away from face planting it - and she said when i did jasper almost jumped out of his skin.

L is laughing his head off right now.

L and I weren't support to talk tonight - United game - but L hoped on anyway since they were winning. He's so sweet. One more day of work and then I'm on a three day weekend. Although after that I work 11 days in a row. Yikes, but I agreed to it. I get one day of over time next week since the other night person is going to be out (which will be next Fri) and then I"ll work a normal six day stretch like I would have had I taken Friday off. The only reason I did it though is I Wanted to keep getting Fridays off and I'm going to my uncle's the next weekend I"m off for my bachelorette party and bridal portraits so even though I would have worked 11 days, I then get Fri, Sat, Sun, and Mon off.

Awesome!

I also just realized I have 40 hours of PTO time built up and we are still five months out from the wedding. I may just be able to cover the entire honeymoon without missing a paycheck....

Hmm I really want to go to NYC but don't think it's Tom's kind of thing. He's more into outdoor type things and walking. His brother said it's awesome though and we should definitely go. His other brother is also moving to Canada this year to study so we were thinking about going to visit him then flying down and going somewhere in the US. Will have a think about it anyway.

Ordered my MOH's dress today, should be here by June 30th, then just have to get her down here to get the hemmed altered and she's finished. March 21st is my bachelorette party and March 22nd - after recovering from a few daqs - my BM and I are going to find her dress which I'll order soon after. Then March 23rd is my bridal portraits. So after working 11 days straight I'll have a whole 4 day weekend to get wedding stuff done, lol.

I made a appt. with a dentist today for one of my free cleanings through the insurance. While I'm there I'll get them to look at the upper left side of my mouth and see what's going on and what needs to be done.

My head hurts right now - poo.

OG....don't you mean May 21st and 22nd?

Because March has already passed and your wedding is in Oct so it doesn't make much sense to have a bachelorette party and getting a BM dress after the wedding has occurred.

OG....don't you mean May 21st and 22nd?

Because March has already passed and your wedding is in Oct so it doesn't make much sense to have a bachelorette party and getting a BM dress after the wedding has occurred.

Yes. God. Ever since it turned May I have said March. When I went to book the bridal portraits I said March. lol. My brain is dead.

It's hard. I moved an hour away from my best friend and niece when my niece was 7 or 8 months old. It was SO hard. And when I move to England it's going to be hard - her last birthday party I'll attend is next year, her 3rd - but that's what facebook is for!

On a serious note though, Jasper is all I got. Mom doesn't want another cat in the house - and if Jasper doesn't stay off her counters there won't BE a cat in the house - so my 3 year old furball is what I have to contend with for now. L has said after I get settled in England and find a job we can look into getting a kitten, Jasper does really well with other cats, especially babies, and it would hold off my baby fever for a while.

Archived