Open Club  ·  110 members  ·  Free

Journals

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What always amuses me are people who say "statistically, you have to fly X thousands of miles before having an airplane crash".

To which I answer "OK - fine. How many miles has the pilot flown?"

Good answer.... I'll have to remember that one In all seriousness, i've always said that if i have to die before my natural time that I'd rather do so in a plane crash, as it's one of the few deaths that 'mean' something - with every crash we learn more, and uncover mistakes people make.

They can't use real strawberries in mine since I'm allergic. And sadly, Red Lobster is the best my home own has to offer. Well, olive garden is better upscale but I will not step foot in that one in my hometown.

Red Lobster is the best your town has to offer. Olive Garden is the "good restaurant"? You poor thing. Those are about the two worst in my area! I would choose Olive Garden over Red Lobster any day! Red Lobster is one of THE WORST restaurants in the world!!!

Red Lobster is the best your town has to offer. Olive Garden is the "good restaurant"? You poor thing. Those are about the two worst in my area! I would choose Olive Garden over Red Lobster any day! Red Lobster is one of THE WORST restaurants in the world!!!

We need that small-town girl to branch out!

yep, lol. I come from a very small town - there was 85 people in my graduating class vompared to my ex who went to a city and had 250 graduate with him. If we have anything of better quality its too expensive. Our olive garden has worse food than the red lobster and worse customer service.

I too would probably choose Olive Garden over Red Lobster but really - I don't really like either of them.

Are there any good local restaurants, OG? I can maybe think of 5 in my town that I like to enjoy. When I go to B's place, we always hit up the local delis and restaurants. There is this Italian place that we both really like...locally owned by an Italian family. The food is SO FREAKING GOOD. He would simply DIE if I said "hey let's go to "

link removed

Here is a nice restaurant in Atlanta for drinks/lobster. Seriously, do not do Red Lobster for your wedding dinner! I read that it was rated the least clean restaurant chain in the USA.

This is true. Every couple years or so, they come out with a list of chain restaurants and their "ratings" by health inspectors, as well as number of "health violations" upon inspection. Red Lobster is one of the worst.

Fudgie - not really, no. It's a super small town and consists of one road through it. Lol

Saywhen - we won't be any were near Atlanta on the day of or the days before our wedding. The nearest city from my home town is about a 30 min drive and after having been up since probably about 7 that morning and driving every were, I'm not going to want to drive even more that day.

Honestly, I love Red Lobster. It's a chain resturant but the one in my home town has amazing customer service, even better than the local Olive Garden. and its right next to our hotel so I can have a drink and not have to drive wheras if we drove 30 mins I wouldn't be able to have a drink.

Victoria - I was bored tehe otuer nigut and decieed to watch it but it really is interesting, I hate to admit it but it is.

I don't consider Red Lobster upscale or anything, but I seriously love the food. I love shrimp and cheese biscuits. Like I said I wouldn't consider it the best restaurant--I've been to Boston and had GREAT fish, but Red Lobster isn't as horrible as everyone is making it out to be. Olive Garden is not that great to me. LOL. I like Carrabas more(I consider it on the same scale as Olive Garden).

It's def not upscale but for my little home town it is, lol. Now obviously while we are at the beach if we want sea food I wouldn't dream of going to red lobster when there are hundreds of sea food resturants.

Haha I understand. I actually like Red Lobsters, they are really good to me. I know a lot of people don't like it, but I love the shrimp and cheese biscuits. lol.

It's funny you guys are talking about the cheese biscuits, the other day my supervisor asked me if Jesse and I had been to Red Lobster since the last time (he was there with his wife and we bumped into them). He was telling me how much he loves the cheese biscuits and he will eat 7 or 8 of them and take his entree home.

It's funny you guys are talking about the cheese biscuits, the other day my supervisor asked me if Jesse and I had been to Red Lobster since the last time (he was there with his wife and we bumped into them). He was telling me how much he loves the cheese biscuits and he will eat 7 or 8 of them and take his entree home.

They are the bomb! I always get some kind of shrimp - usually the trio shrimp plate - with one strawberry daq. So good.

Work was... Interesting. Lol.

The residents tend to get a little crazy around the full moon and sometimes at other times of the month. Like tonight. By state law they can't be in the dayroom while I clean it - chemicals and they could slip and fall on the wet floor - so the CNAs have to get them all out after they eat. They should, anyway. Some like to take them out one by one which puts me behind. Tonight they were pretty good and there was one lady in there. She sits in what I think they call a Mary Jane chair, not a wheelchair but same thing, only then use their legs to move around, not wheels.

This resident is a handfull on a good day and tonight was... Whew. She did not want to leave that dayroom. She would plant her feet on the floor and stop the CNA from pushing her, was cussing up a storm, swatting at both me and the CNA... Took about 20 mins to get her out and it wasn't pretty. Lord.

I'm so ready to be off.

Archived