Open Club  ·  110 members  ·  Free

Journals

Last night was restless. Tyler and I fell asleep about the same time - he on my chest - and when I woke up I put him between me and the wall. I got kicked in the back, the stomach, pinched, grabbed (boob wise), hair pulled, drooled on... the life of an aunt, lol. So I woke up about every hour last night and I have to work today - poo. Looking forward to a restful nights sleep.

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm totally a 2012 believer. Don't necessarily believe the world will end but something will happen.

I was actually curious after the Haiti quake so I looked up the major earthquakes by year, to see if they were increasing over time.

link removed

It seemed to me that there actually were many more in recent years, but I thought that could possibly be explained by advances in technology, which are better able to detect earthquakes (especially those under the ocean that we may not feel so much) and also because of an increase in human population, which would obviously lead to an increase in human deaths from natural disasters.

Yeah, I definitely think the human toll will be a lot worse in natural disasters simply because there are more people! In the past, this may not have been such of an issue.

I've been reading about the Mayans for a long time and I understand the significance of the "2012" date. It's the turning of a "new life cycle", to put it simply. They had this huge calendar that spanned for thousands of years and then at the end of it, they would begin it again at the beginning. This "end" correlated with a specific cosmic event, something with the planets and stars. Now I do believe this event will happen, yes, but I don't think it means anything for us and our existence as it is.

I cannot WAIT for 2012. It will be hilarious to see people freak over nothing. Like all those other "doomsdays"? Hilarious. Do you think there will be looting? I have no clue. It will be interesting to see.

I'm planning to take my camera and take pics of everything that happens.

Yeah, there has been a slight increase but one point the article I posted makes is they aren't as LARGE as we think of them... the only reason they seem so large is they are happening in highly populated areas. If it were to happen in the middle of the desert we wouldn't notice as much.

And I think human increase is another fault. Earthquake areas are SO populated.

^^ This reminds me of 1999. Everyone thought that we were done when the clock struck midnite. All these crazy people bought up all the water in the stores. My thought was "what the hell do you need all that water for if we are doomed anyway"? That day came and went and nothing happened, well yeah something did happen..... I had to boil water to drink because all the wierdo crazies bought the bottled water. LOL

MG- exactly! I remember all this computer crashs talk and everything. And nothing. I think something cosmic will occur but not that effects us directly. Science says we won't die for another billion years when we collide with anothe4 galaxy.

The earth is how old??? It's gonna have hiccups and burps.

MG- exactly! I remember all this computer crashs talk and everything. And nothing. I think something cosmic will occur but not that effects us directly. Science says we won't die for another billion years when we collide with anothe4 galaxy.

The earth is how old??? It's gonna have hiccups and burps.

Oh well then, if we still have a billion years left, then I don't think I will worry too much about it. LOL

I agree. I think we are much more likely to die from a nuclear holocaust than anything cosmic.

Did you know that the US arsenal contains enough nuclear weapons to destroy the WHOLE world 7x over?

Right now, Iran and North Korea are looking pretty bad. Kim John Il is getting older and his son will soon step in his role. His son is BAT CRAP CRAZY from the sources I've read. He wants to eliminate us ASAP. You can bet that when/if they have the ability and the son is in the seat, we're going to see an attack. I'm very sure of this.

Sorry Fudgie but WHY would anyone attack the US with any weapon of mass destruction? You have to be more than crazy to do that - you have to have a death wish. Its the stated policy of any member state of NATO (which includes most of europe and the US) to use nuclear weapons in retaliation against an attack using WMD on another member state. The US and Europe would reduce NK to something resenbiling a nuclear parking lot in a single second strike.

Not even the leadership of NK are crazy enough to want to destroy their country.

I have to say though that this conversation has to end now though, because it'll go political very quickly.

Yes, the leadership of NK really is that crazy. I've read many accounts of those who were Kim Jong's "underlings" and yes, I can assure you, if they can do it, they will do it. They are very isolationist and seem have to no regard for the safety of their people or the laws. They already are at rock bottom - no food, no trade, etc.

I'm not sugarcoating it. Although I do think Iran is much more likely to harm us, given their larger supply of weapons and how they may distribute them to others.

I believe a lot in the "mutually assured destruction" theory but I don't think it will last forever. You can't count on everyone to be sane and just accept this system. Someone is going to crack one of these days and a lot of people are going to die.

I'm sorry, I don't mean to get political. I am not thinking so much of the politics though, just the possibility of it happening, given the cultural differences and human nature. I was just looking at those last two.

But I will shush up now.

I'm sorry, I don't mean to get political. I am not thinking so much of the politics though, just the possibility of it happening, given the cultural differences and human nature. I was just looking at those last two.

But I will shush up now.

Thats the point though, when it comes to Internation Relations it's impossible to separate the last two from the first.

Breakfast- 2 biscuits with gravy - as light as I possible go with it

2 pieces of bacon

1 glass of orange juice

Lunch - two hot dogs

1 glass of Coke

Other- 3 1/2 cups of water

Dinner - Roast beef sandwhich from Subway with cheddar cheese, chiptole sauce, and mayo. Not healthy but due to the family situation, I couldn't make anything once I got home. Had to bring something home

1 20 oz. Pepsi

I was going to work out after the gym at work - even had changed into my gym clothes and everything but apparently the code I have for the gym has been changed and I couldn't get in. 0.o Kind of pissed me off a little...

I was looking through my myspace blogs and I found this:

9 WORDS WOMEN USE

(1) Fine: This is the word women use to end an argument when they are right and you need to shut up.

(2) Five Minutes: If she is getting dressed, this means a half an hour. Five minutes is only five minutes if you have just been given five more minutes to watch the game before helping around the house.

(3)Nothing: This is the calm before the storm. This means something, and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with nothing usually end in fine.

(4)Go Ahead: This is a dare, not permission.

Don't Do It!

(5) Loud Sigh: This is actually a word, but is a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men. A loud sigh means she thinks you are an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you about nothing. (Refer back to 3 for the meaning of nothing.

)

(6) That's Okay: This is one of the most dangerous statements a women can make to a man. That's okay means she wants to think long and hard before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistake.

(7) Thanks: A woman is thanking you, do not question, or Faint. Just say you're welcome. (I want to add in a clause here - This is true, unless she says 'Thanks a lot' - that is PURE sarcasm and she is not thanking you at all. DO NOT say 'you're welcome' ..... that will bring on a 'whatever').

(8)Whatever: Is a women's way of saying !

(9) Don't worry about it, I got it: Another dangerous statement, meaning this is something that a woman has told a man to do several times, but is now doing it herself.

This will later result in a man asking 'What's wrong?' For the woman's response refer to 3

LOL- so true.

link removed

This is the website that I got the information about dreams from.

Interestingly enough in the early part of my relationship with Jesse when he was a complete ass to me on an almost daily basis, I used to dream about tornados all the time. Look it up, it's really crazy.

Since he and I have been in a great place, I no longer dream about tornados.

Archived