TV Shows/Films?

Hey guys, I've been trying to watch TV series and films that can distract me from thinking of the ex.

I watched "The Office" seasons 1-5 so far, and that has helped tremendously.

I also watched "The Green Mile," "Cast Away," "Forrest Gump," "Erin Brockovich," and "Million Dollar Baby."

If anyone has any other suggestions, that'd be great, please post them! I'm sort of looking for films that aren't solely based on love/a relationship haha. And if you have any TV series suggestions, post them!

go to link removed It is a legal website with old movies and T V series. I broke up 2 months back. And 'Friends' would still bring a smile in my face even though I have seen it like 3 times. That 70's show is good too.

Chick flicks but still good...

Under the Tuscan Sun

(500) Days of Summer

They both deal with love lost and picking yourself back up.

Sorry, I guess the deal with love/relationships but about how you survive. I don't know, they made me feel better.

Movies like "Forgetting Sarah Marshall", "the swingers" will put a smile on your face but that may be a bit of heartbreak reminder, might want to leave those until you have a clear head. Go re-watch classics like "anchor man", " blades of glory", "superbad", "old school", even "animal house" ohh... there are so many great flicks. A new season of cartoon you used to watch will cheer you up too. Cheers, Rig

The Wire. Doesn't get much better in my humble opinion

Gotta agree with this... You can't get much more absorbing than The Wire!

Strangely, I seem to retreat to the old staple that is "Friends"... It never fails to make me laugh and really cheers me up

The Wire. Doesn't get much better in my humble opinion

Gotta agree with this... You can't get much more absorbing than The Wire!

Strangely, I seem to retreat to the old staple that is "Friends"... It never fails to make me laugh and really cheers me up

I've never heard of The Wire, but that could be because you guys are from the UK. I'm from the US..but can still watch it! Can you tell me what it's about/general plotline?

Chick flicks but still good...

Under the Tuscan Sun

(500) Days of Summer

They both deal with love lost and picking yourself back up.

Sorry, I guess the deal with love/relationships but about how you survive. I don't know, they made me feel better.

I love Under the Tuscan Sun, I watched it like 10 times since BU!!

But 500 days of summer? It made me cry my eyes out first time I watched (was with my ex then), reminded of all the failed relationship and ALL the pain!

I've never heard of The Wire, but that could be because you guys are from the UK. I'm from the US..but can still watch it! Can you tell me what it's about/general plotline?

The Wire was written about and filmed in Baltimore, Maryland ... right in the USA. It's an amazing show - great writing, great acting, very gritty, and very gripping.

Southland and Psyc are my obsession.

Bad Boys part 1.

Coming to America/Trading Places/Beverly Hills Cop 1,2,3

Raw/Delirious-Eddie Murphy stand up

Into the Blue- Love the location

Top Gun

Money Talks(Funny!!!)

Wall Street

Elf

Forrest Gump

So much more.

i can't even freaking watch the office because we used to make our way through all of the seasons by falling asleep to them together EVERY NIGHT. when the office comes on, i get all weird, sometimes it makes me want to cry, sometimes there's a tightness in my chest. it's horrible how some things are ruined by a break up.

sorry, it's late at night, you'll have to forgive me. enough about that. I have been watching Keeping Up with the Kardashians, because honestly, it is so nice to know that no matter what kind of problems i'm having in my life, i know it is not as outrageously crazy and dramatic (staged or not) as the girls on that show.

i can't even freaking watch the office because we used to make our way through all of the seasons by falling asleep to them together EVERY NIGHT. when the office comes on, i get all weird, sometimes it makes me want to cry, sometimes there's a tightness in my chest. it's horrible how some things are ruined by a break up.

sorry, it's late at night, you'll have to forgive me. enough about that. I have been watching Keeping Up with the Kardashians, because honestly, it is so nice to know that no matter what kind of problems i'm having in my life, i know it is not as outrageously crazy and dramatic (staged or not) as the girls on that show.

I hear you. I have about 100 films I can't watch because of various exes. This is why I don't go out with guys who are into the same taste films as I do.

Archived