First date after the break-up?

The idea of years scare me!

I don't know how to approach it. My best friend is going through the same thing as me - Single life is an alien world to me right now. I've always been so used to thinking of somebody else and having someone there to snuggle and stuff. I don't feel too lonely as YET, but it all just seems a bit weird.

Good luck to all going on dates taking steps to move forward!

The weird thing about time is that if you're happy, the years fly by. When you're unhappy the days drag on.

I took years after my first husband, and I needed them. He died 3 years after I left him. It wouldn't have been too cool for me to be dating while our kids were still getting through their teen years. Honestly, I didn't miss dating at all. I missed having a man around the first couple of years after we separated, and sometimes I would still call out to him to tell him something. Weird...but it passed. I learned to sleep in the middle of the bed. I learned to take care of myself. I learned who I was. I needed the years.

i started feeling ready to at least go out and meet people at around 5-6 months. I met up with a guy that i met on an online social network and it was horrible. he basically called me fat to my face even after seeing pictures of me and it really felt crappy. I joined an actual dating site a few weeks after that, and I feel like i would be ready to definitely date at the 8 month mark. Unfortunately, dont have any guys interested yet, but i will be here when theyre ready!

Archived