Girls, please answer this question!! Confused as all heck!!

Yates33

I am sorry for re-viving this thread, I just want to give an update since you guys have been so helpful.

She ended up texting me today, like she said, early in the afternoon.... telling me she can make it.

We set up the date in stone, the only weird thing I found was that when I offered to pick her up, she said, its okay...and thatt there was no reason for me to go there and come back...I wanted to pick her up, but she thought itw was better if we meet up...

I am still on the line about this girl...I don't know if she's playing hard to get, not that interested, or just the way she is...

I mean, after that little "not into dating" speech...I don't know how to approach. this...I am going in for that kiss on the second date and I guess that will determine it all.

I mean, if she wasn't interested...why accept the second date...she can't be that naive to believe that I am asking her out as a friend just because of what she said can she?

I can't tell if you met online or whether you've ever been to her home. I will just say that when I meet guys online, they don't get to know where I live until I feel pretty secure that they're not a nut job with a nice profile - lol! Just a safety thing.

I can't tell if you met online or whether you've ever been to her home. I will just say that when I meet guys online, they don't get to know where I live until I feel pretty secure that they're not a nut job with a nice profile - lol! Just a safety thing.

Yeah, we met online and have met once already. You can read the first post if you'd like for some background.

And yes, she definetely is very careful, she wouldn't even give me her number until we finally met.

You know..you just opened up a line in my head, lol...this is her first time doing the online thing..and she is very safe and skeptical about it...so maybe that is why she is being so slow to open up.

Yup. Try and put yourself in a woman's shoes when it comes to online dating. Until you've gotten a few dates under your belt, you are essentially a stranger. You could be who you say you are, but then again, you could be married, a player, a sex-starved axe murderer for all she knows! Lol!

Smart women go into online dating thinking "safety first.". That means, until we get to know you, we protect our person, our identity, etc. Go slow and build her trust. Good luck!

Yup. Try and put yourself in a woman's shoes when it comes to online dating. Until you've gotten a few dates under your belt, you are essentially a stranger. You could be who you say you are, but then again, you could be married, a player, a sex-starved axe murderer for all she knows! Lol!

Smart women go into online dating thinking "safety first.". That means, until we get to know you, we protect our person, our identity, etc. Go slow and build her trust. Good luck!

Since you and her seem to share this way of thinking....

will a kiss on the second date be out of line?

I either kiss a woman on the first or second date, depending on how I think she feels and the mood, but I never wait past the second date as I want to establish that these outings are dates, not friendship balls.

Since you and her seem to share this way of thinking....

will a kiss on the second date be out of line?

I either kiss a woman on the first or second date, depending on how I think she feels and the mood, but I never wait past the second date as I want to establish that these outings are dates, not friendship balls.

I don't think there's anything wrong with a kiss on either the first or second date. I'd wonder if the guy was even interested in me if he didn't go for a kiss by the end of the second date.

Forget what she said and go by how she acted. I see a ton of signs she wanted at least a makeout, possibly more. You need to learn to physically escalate. Also, going for a kiss at the end of a date is a terrible idea. It gets awkward and if you didn't have much physical contact you're going to lack that spark/vibe, which is really just setting you up for failure. Instead, kiss her at some point earlier so later it's no big deal. If you're doing well and about to break contact for a minute, like going to the bathroom, pull her in close and plant one on her, then go do your thing. You'll know you did it right when they're waiting for you like a little puppy.

Okay, so we had our second date tonight and it went FANTASTIC. I mean, there really is no doubt whether she is interested or not anymore, as it was made pretty clear during the date!!

Now, my question is a little different...

I am going away for a week, overseas to Buenos Aires for work ... would it be appropriate, even though its only been two dates to send a text during the week saying hi? or will that be a no no, since she knows I am overseas and s shouldn't expect contact, given the situation, after two dates?

Okay, so we had our second date tonight and it went FANTASTIC. I mean, there really is no doubt whether she is interested or not anymore, as it was made pretty clear during the date!!

Now, my question is a little different...

I am going away for a week, overseas to Buenos Aires for work ... would it be appropriate, even though its only been two dates to send a text during the week saying hi? or will that be a no no, since she knows I am overseas and s shouldn't expect contact, given the situation, after two dates?

If I went on two dates with a guy and the second was "FANTASTIC", then I would probably be really happy to get a text from him just saying hi.

Archived