Sort of liking my brazilian wax but MORTIFIED about showing it to anyone

kittiwake

You're overthinking it. Being bare has nothing to do with being easy or girlfriend material. The only thing it really tells a guy about you is that your clean and take care of yourself.

Personally I prefer girls to be bare. In fact I would be more surprised to see a bush down there than bare.

I agree with this statement 110%

It's a real personal preference. It's all up to you and really, waxed or not, what you do down there says NOTHING about you as a person.

If you're bare, it doesn't mean your bf who likes it is a pedo or you're "easy".

If you're not bare, it doesn't mean that you're "dirty" or lazy or unsexy either.

If you're younger (20s-30s) you'll find that guys your age actually much prefer bare or very little hair at all. I think it's a generational thing. I don't shave at all but my boyfriend loves it and asked me not to shave because he finds bare creepy, but he's older...and I've yet to meet a guy my age who doesn't demand that you shave.

It's a real personal preference. It's all up to you and really, waxed or not, what you do down there says NOTHING about you as a person.

If you're bare, it doesn't mean your bf who likes it is a pedo or you're "easy".

If you're not bare, it doesn't mean that you're "dirty" or lazy or unsexy either.

If you're younger (20s-30s) you'll find that guys your age actually much prefer bare or very little hair at all. I think it's a generational thing. I don't shave at all but my boyfriend loves it and asked me not to shave because he finds bare creepy, but he's older...and I've yet to meet a guy my age who doesn't demand that you shave.

I'm not very experienced but the guys I talked to or was intimate with were all younger and didn't have this attitude. Granted I was never au natural, but I can't imagine a guy who complains even if the hair is trimmed. It would be like an instant deal breaker for me (and I do shave at least once a week) but I don't honestly think I will ever have to worry about that.

I honestly don't have much of a problem about pubic hair. If it was getting to "Chewbacca"-like length then I would get turned off, but apart from that I'm not that bothered. It is a personal thing, and while I imagine that a lot of guys (have no idea whether this would be most guys or not) like completely bare, that really doesn't change anything for me.

I'm not very experienced but the guys I talked to or was intimate with were all younger and didn't have this attitude. Granted I was never au natural, but I can't imagine a guy who complains even if the hair is trimmed. It would be like an instant deal breaker for me (and I do shave at least once a week) but I don't honestly think I will ever have to worry about that.

I have to say, I have had the opposite experience. I also have talked to some girls I know and they told me that they were told to shave because the guys couldn't stand hair down there.

I don't trim much now (don't really have to, my hair is thinning there) but if a guy wanted me to, I'd trim a little...but demanding that I shave and be bare? Oh please. It's just not for me. Deal breaker.

I have to say, I have had the opposite experience. I also have talked to some girls I know and they told me that they were told to shave because the guys couldn't stand hair down there.

I don't trim much now (don't really have to, my hair is thinning there) but if a guy wanted me to, I'd trim a little...but demanding that I shave and be bare? Oh please. It's just not for me. Deal breaker.

Strange. They did prefer shaved, but never ever asked me to do it. The times I did it, they were like "oh nice, shaved and smooth". But trimmed hair never stopped them from going down or anything like that. Deal breaker there for sure, specially since I'm very easy going about guys hair down there too. I'm fine with them bing natural and not shave, as long as they don't look like a gorilla.

Lol, okay, and adult women also have leg and armpit hair, but most women, in the U.S. at least, shave those areas too, mainly for aesthetic and hygenic reasons. Does that make guys who like women with bare legs and armpits creepy too?

I personally like bare because I find it more aesthetically pleasing, mainly because I can actually see her mons pubis and labia (which I think are very sexy) instead of having them covered up by hair. Also, I like to go down, a lot, and it is so much better when you're performing oral sex to not have to fish a stray pubic hair out of your mouth every other minute.

Scott

Hi Scott!

Do you REALLY think that shaved legs/armpits are cleaner? If so, why don't men shave their pits and legs? Do you feel dirty unless you shave to mid thigh? If you shave your pits are you suddenly clean?

To the OP:

The smell won't be resolved by getting waxed, but it will be resolved by taking certain steps to restore the natural acidity of the area. Eat plenty of citrus fruits, wash the area daily with VERY mild soap or just water (the idea isn't to strip the natural flora, it's to flush out the bacteria).

Very true, I am au natural and I've never had a smell. I use a special mild soap down there in the shower to just wash it gently and clean it up. I've been told I smell quite nice, actually.

I also use special wipes a couple times a day when I use the toilet. I think if you wash that area well with a special soap everyday, you shouldn't get a smell, whether you're bare or au natural. And never, ever douche. That is not good!

I trim and get brazilian waxes, but if a guy ever said that I had to do those things... yeah, it'd be a dealbreaker.

Archived