Adding an indoor enclosure/tent for two cats

Double J

Hey guys,

My g/f and I managed to find 3 stray kittens nearly a week ago. We'll be giving one away to my aunt and, more likely than not, the other two will be staying with me.

My mom told me she didn't want any pets inside the house, but I took issue with the propsect of leaving them outside because I want them to be as safe as possible. Needless to say, we've had several neighborhood cats either disappear or end up getting run over. I refuse to let that happen to mine.

So it dawned on me that there's a way I could placate my mom while keeping the cats indoors. How about adding an enclosure/tent and placing it inside the house? That way the cats won't be wandering around, and of course, they'll have food and a kitty litter box easily accessible to them.

Would this be a good idea? I know it sucks that the cat won't be able to roam free, but I think it's better to be safe than sorry. Besides, I'll let the cats take a stroll outside once in a while as long as it's on my watch.

have you ever owned cats before? They will be miserable in a small enclosed place like a tent inside the house. I would never even keep a cat locked up in one single room. Cats love to roam, it's in their nature. I know you want to keep them safe and dont want to let them outside, but they will not be happy in that situation. Honestly, (and please dont take offence), that idea sounds like borderline abuse. Please find a good home for these animals instead.

Cats absolutely hate the smell of their litter box. If they were in a tent with one I can't even imagine it.

I know you love the cats, but this is just not going to cut it. Find them good homes. It should be easy since they are kittens. Your mom doesn't want animals indoors, and I understand her reasons. I only have one cat and when she is gone, there will be no more. People get tired as they age, and if your mother has a lot going on, she seriously doesn't need to have cats to clean up after. When you get a place of your own, that would be a good time to adopt a cat.

Archived