Enough is enough!

That's not entirely true. People do have the capacity to change, but they have to want to, and try really hard. I say this because I have changed.

But trying to change someone else, or relying on them to change someday? Nope, not gonna work.

I agree. When my ex broke up with me, I asked him about the things he didn't like about me. After he told me, I asked myself if changing those qualities will make me into a better person. I changed because of him, but I didn't do it for him.

That's not entirely true. People do have the capacity to change, but they have to want to, and try really hard. I say this because I have changed.

But trying to change someone else, or relying on them to change someday? Nope, not gonna work.

I agree as well. Might add that it isn't entirely about "changing", but also about "learning skills" to make any particular relationship better. If we go through all of this crap and don't take the opportunity to learn anything from it... well unfortunately we could be setting ourselves up again.

I think it's also about whether they can be bothered to change. Small changes that need to be made may be very easy, but if they can't be bothered or don't think you are worth the effort, then that's even worse than not being able to change.

GREAT clip! Have always loved Tyler Perry, and a good movie of his to heal your heart is "Diary of A Mad Black Woman".

I have always believed that people were meant to be in our lives for a certain amount of time, whether it's 10 minutes, 10 days, 10 months, or 10 years. Still, it's hard to let go of them when their time is up. I am done with my current "leaf". If he ever changes into a root, then I will be amazed.

• 3 months later...

Archived