We're Always Posting Of Our Misery...

Well, I am going on vacation next month to New Orleans, ALONE! I LOVE traveling by myself. I do what I want, I can wake up at 5am or 5pm if I feel like it, and I have to say I really do entertain myself. Some think vacationing by themselves might be lonely...No way! It's liberating, plus it really gives you back your sense of independence.

New Orleans is my hometown!! Make sure you go to the Acme Oyster House for some great seafood and some pretty darn good Red Beans 'N Rice!

I have my whole summer planned for the most part. Going to my first BBQ of the summer this weekend in Long Island...then driving down to Delaware for 4th of July weekend for another BBQ. Both BBQ's are going to be da bomb! What can I say? I love a good BBQ!

Then my coworker and I are going to be doing our 'Be a New York Tourist' field trips all throughout the summer to take advantage of all the Summer freebies here (several museums, tours, botanical gardens, Bronx Zoo, concerts, Coney Island, South Street Seaport, and more)

Also, two of my old good friends will be visiting during the month of July and another is coming in Septemer....I can't wait to see them and hang out with them again! I miss them so much!

I'm also thinking of making a couple of road trips. Anyways, the skies the limit right now!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aww, I'm excited to see this kind of thread exists

I'm feeling so great these past few days, because I interviewed for a job at a company on Tues. that I'm really happy with and feel I'm a good fit. I graduated college just this past May, and I've been freaking out about finding a job in such a bad economy. But I found one, and I did really well on the interview that I landed it that very same day!

Sorry about the self-absorbed-ness, but I'm just glad that I'm getting on with my life and working towards my own goals. The only problem is I'm now moving back up to where my college town was as the job is there AND my ex is b/c he has 1 more year left, but I don't want to worry about running into him right now.

Oh, and I'm camping at Joshua Tree this weekend. I've never been, and I'm so excited.

I also just came back from a trip to a Navajo reservation in Arizona, and it was such an incredible, beautiful experience volunteering and helping out the people there who live such a difficult life just making sure they have water throughout for their families and animals.

Let's keep this thread alive, so we can post the little to big things that help us move forward.

well i have just finished packing for a weekend break to Edinburgh, scotland. i cant wait ! just me and my girlfriends for lots of cocktails, shopping and scotsmen! week after i am heading to Blackpool, then my best friend is taking me for a camping trip..

best of all i have just booked a holiday to spain! whoppeeeeeeeee xx

well i have just finished packing for a weekend break to Edinburgh, scotland. i cant wait ! just me and my girlfriends for lots of cocktails, shopping and scotsmen! week after i am heading to Blackpool, then my best friend is taking me for a camping trip..

best of all i have just booked a holiday to spain! whoppeeeeeeeee xx

Very nice, have a blast!!

I'm going to play roller derby this Saturday in Glasgow, then an 80s night on Saturday night with the derby girls, then the carnivals on Sunday

And then I start my awesome new job on Monday and a few weeks after that I have another skate tournament, Belladrum music festival where I get to see my favourite uni friends, then Paramore and Barenaked Ladies concerts coming up!

Keeping busy under doctor's orders!

I'm going to play roller derby this Saturday in Glasgow, then an 80s night on Saturday night with the derby girls, then the carnivals on Sunday

And then I start my awesome new job on Monday and a few weeks after that I have another skate tournament, Belladrum music festival where I get to see my favourite uni friends, then Paramore and Barenaked Ladies concerts coming up!

Keeping busy under doctor's orders!

Splendid! I like the Barenaked Ladies myself, enjoy that!

It's about an hour away from Halifax

Ahh. Sorry, I don't know the area too well anymore...haven't been since the early 90's. Love it though!

well, i am going back to school in the fall to finish up my bachelor's in mechanical engineering, something i've always wanted to do. don't think i would have been able to do this if she was still around.

honestly, at 24, i feel a little old to be going back, plus i'll be 26-27 when i finally finish, but i guess it's never too late, right?

i'm super scared and excited at the same time, but i feel like i need to move forward with my life in order to leave her in the past.

well, i am going back to school in the fall to finish up my bachelor's in mechanical engineering, something i've always wanted to do. don't think i would have been able to do this if she was still around.

honestly, at 24, i feel a little old to be going back, plus i'll be 26-27 when i finally finish, but i guess it's never too late, right?

i'm super scared and excited at the same time, but i feel like i need to move forward with my life in order to leave her in the past.

It's never too late. How exciting. You're actually living your life. Let that soak in for a bit.

I rented a lake home in northern Wisconsin and am excited about spending time with my kids up there. They are young adults now and it's nice the way we relate.

Going to do some fishing, relaxing and exploring the area.

That sounds great. I was never much for fishing myself, but the bonding cannot be denied.

Well how about this... in the time since my breakup, I lost 40 pounds (gained back like 10-15, woops! hehe), bought a car, have strengthened friendships with old friends and made some new ones. I have gained my independance and am really trying to live my life now for myself (as hard as that is to figure out)

This may not sound like good news, but its a blessing in disguise... I am getting laid off from work (a job I hate). I now have another opportunity to really figure out things I put on hold for my relationship, finish school, find a job I enjoy, maybe move away and start a new life. The possibilities are a little scary, but most of these possibilities wouldnt be if I was still with my ex. Onwards and Upwards!

Well how about this... in the time since my breakup, I lost 40 pounds (gained back like 10-15, woops! hehe), bought a car, have strengthened friendships with old friends and made some new ones. I have gained my independance and am really trying to live my life now for myself (as hard as that is to figure out)

This may not sound like good news, but its a blessing in disguise... I am getting laid off from work (a job I hate). I now have another opportunity to really figure out things I put on hold for my relationship, finish school, find a job I enjoy, maybe move away and start a new life. The possibilities are a little scary, but most of these possibilities wouldnt be if I was still with my ex. Onwards and Upwards!

Coming back to my home city for the 4th of july weekend. Heading to NYC for a gals weekend. Also, may try and run a 5k in sept so I ha e to start running again. I know it's not that far but it is a start!

NOW THIS IS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!!

HAVE A BLAST! Live your lives. NO ONE PERSON CAN EVER DESTROY YOUR LIFE.

This summer I'm going to try to set up a vacation in Leeds or London so I can visit my sister and her kids. And possibly my brother too, although he's an ass.

New York & Chicago also have some friends of mine there...so I'm going to try to head out there too.

Big world out there to explore.

And maybe someday I'll organize a meet and greet with some members of this board so we can all go out and have drinks and talk about all this **** and actually see and laugh with each other. Doesn't sound too bad huh?

Everybody come out to Massachusetts and visit

This summer I'm going to try to set up a vacation in Leeds or London so I can visit my sister and her kids. And possibly my brother too, although he's an ass.

New York & Chicago also have some friends of mine there...so I'm going to try to head out there too.

Big world out there to explore.

And maybe someday I'll organize a meet and greet with some members of this board so we can all go out and have drinks and talk about all this **** and actually see and laugh with each other. Doesn't sound too bad huh?

Everybody come out to Massachusetts and visit

Only if you come to Cali for a meet and greet out here! LOL

So I want to join your thread and talk about good stuff. How about I start with........ I have lost a total of 26lbs and working my rear end off to lose more! YAY..

A few Vegas trips planned, (I go way too much) and I think I am going to see my very first NFL game this year in person! Wooooooooooo

Only if you come to Cali for a meet and greet out here! LOL

So I want to join your thread and talk about good stuff. How about I start with........ I have lost a total of 26lbs and working my rear end off to lose more! YAY..

A few Vegas trips planned, (I go way too much) and I think I am going to see my very first NFL game this year in person! Wooooooooooo

Nice. Who's your team?

Good for you! Maybe I'll come out to Cali, but I'm still in suffering over the Lakers beating the Celtics.

In fact, let's not talk about basketball

Keep on doing what makes you feel great!

Nice. Who's your team?

Good for you! Maybe I'll come out to Cali, but I'm still in suffering over the Lakers beating the Celtics.

In fact, let's not talk about basketball

Keep on doing what makes you feel great!

Seattle Seahawks baby!!!

And I'm suffering right along with you on the Celtics loss. I hate hate hate hate hate the Lakers.....

In two years you will still be 26 so you may as well be there with a diploma in hand rather than not. You're right... it's never too late. In fact my mother got her driver's licence when she was 72!

Something else I have always wanted to do beside beach bum it in Hawaii...

I saw a short documentary about a guy who goes to barren deserts and makes sculptures out of the landscape.

He stacks rock up into abstract forms, makes huge sculptures that take all day to build. (Like miniature Stone Henges and Great Walls of China etc.)

It is a very minimalist experience.

He lives on weak tea and top ramen with very few comforts.

When evening comes he faces the setting sun, emptys his mind and contemptates the simplicity of the sculpture.

He takes pictures of the sculpture before he puts the land back like it was, I thought that was cool.

I... would like to build something that can be seen from Google Earth.

Maybe a smily face or a peace sign of light and dark colored rocks.

Kind of like the Nasca plains.

And, go back maybe a year later and put things back.

There is a certain joy that comes from making something out of nothing.

Thx

i'm looking forward to what life has in store for me in the future....what the possibilities are, new experiences, and what will manifest.

i don't know what it is but i've just been high on life.

it's the first time in a long time.. so i think that's a plus btw, i love this thread.

I started working out alot and am putting on muscle and looking good! I am getting complemented on it also (not tryna be cocky!). Basically just looking after myself!

I have grown up a little and become abit more independent. I try and cook meals, do washing, keep tidy more than I used too.

I have become more confident around people and have much more confidence in myself!

I have reconnected with some old friends

I have made sure ive had LOTS of fun including going out with old friends, hanging with different groups etc - just going outside my comfort zone more and more!

I believe I have bettered myself and am a much more mature, understanding and grown up person with more confidence!

other small things:

I am selling my cars and opting for a change in cars (change change change!)

Have opened my eyes out to a bit of travel and am trying to plan a holiday away.

TBH this break up has been really good for myself as a person. Also good for the relationship if me and my ex ever got back together it would only be better as I would be a better person in the relationship and I think we really needed the time apart.

So yeah lots of positives - the only bad thing is loosing/missing the person you love the most.

Archived