Optomistic Girl & Civilservant are engaged!

Where do you tell everyone where you two met?

Me or her?

I'll answer anyways... I just say Will was in GR a few years back and we met then and became friends and blah blah blah. I don't go into much detail.

It started on the photo thread for us too I PMed him first though haha.

lol, I think ours was a thread about if an ex came on, would they know who you were. I said something like, "Well, mine would be a dead give away because that's really me to left" (indicating the pic of me at the time as my avatar). He then sent me a PM saying, "If that's you, I'm moving to South Carolina."

He claims he wasn't hitting on me...

Where do you tell everyone where you two met?

We say we met on a advice forum, to which of course I have gotten some odd looks before. I did, however, like Jen, tell my Uncle that we met in person just because I know how my uncle feels about meeting people online.

Thanks Jonaswaingaro. yeah, I have been meaning to post a thread there for awhile...

Wow OG. I had no idear. Knew I stopped seeing you in healing was hoping for a good reason. =) Anyhoo, grats! Good to see ya in a better place! I wish you guys all the happiness in the world.

Congratulations you two.

If I may ask...how much in-person time have you had together? And how much of his country have you seen, OG, and how much of your country has he seen?

I only ask because I was in an LDR before, and would imagine doing it again (with someone much better for me), and I'm wondering how long others take to "just know" with it being that big a geographical distance in the run-up to meeting (and while courting).

If you don't feel comfortable sharing that, I'd totally understand...I am just curious.

Wondering the same thing! =]

If I may ask...how much in-person time have you had together? And how much of his country have you seen, OG, and how much of your country has he seen?

I only ask because I was in an LDR before, and would imagine doing it again (with someone much better for me), and I'm wondering how long others take to "just know" with it being that big a geographical distance in the run-up to meeting (and while courting).

We haven't had as much in-person time as most couples do that take the plunge but as they say, 'when you know you know'. Neither of us have a crystal ball that says we will make it or we won't... all we can do is hope for the best and remember to always apologize after fights, and to always tell each other we love each other. For us it's no the quanity of our time together, it's the quality.

I haven't been to England yet so it's a trial run when I do move. I have always wanted to live there so I'm pretty optimistic (no pun intended If for some reason I can't, he is willing to move to the US.

Each relationship is different really. I had neighbors growing up who went on three dates, got married, and have been married for 50 years and couples who dated for ten years and were only married two years. The distance does play a part in getting to know someone, and honestly I don't think we'd have the relationship we do now if there was less distance between. A 4000 mile gap forces you to find ways to connect a normal relationship doesn't have to, makes you get to know that person on a deeper level because all you can do is talk.

Well, I sincerely wish you both the very best and a life of happiness. I hope it works out really well for you and you can treat each other with love, kindness and respect for the rest of your lives. I hope living together turns out to be an enjoyable and happy experience Congratulations

Archived