Ok this has been going on for a few weeks now. I have lost what I think is a lot of weight, considering my normal weight is only around 110lbs and now I'm down to barely 100lbs. I'm just never hungry. I can literally go all day without eating. I have to force myself to eat, even foods that I love. I have never had this problem before and it is really starting to worry me.

I was diagnosed a few years ago with major depression and I am on medication for it. At first I thought maybe one of my antidepressants was causing me to lose my appetite, but I have talked to my psychiatrist about it and he seems to think that the medication I'm on isn't causing it. I don't know what else it could be..could I really be that depressed that I'm losing this much weight? Has anyone ever experienced anything like this? I'm at a loss of what to do at this point..

A few years ago I went through a bad break up and was very depressed. Food made me nauseous, so I stopped eating. I lost around 10lbs, which is also a lot for me.

I thought the not-eating-rut would reverse itself, it didn't. I continued to waste away until I went to the doctor and had a blood test. I had a hyperactive thyroid (controls the metabolism) and it may have been spurred by the stress of the break up.

To make a long story short, it wouldn't hurt to have your physical health examined also.

Archived