yeah, exactly! it seems like a lot of people on these sites start talking to you with the idea that you are going to start a relationship with them right off the bat. it's kiinda scary. theres no friends first. when you start talkign with someone or eventually meeting them, its like you both know that the other is judging you based on if they think they could marry you.

When I met people through on line dating sites, I already had enough friends and didn't need to use dating sites to get a date - and a main reason I was on line was because I had a busy career and it seemed more efficient to meet people who already were looking for marriage/family rather than spending lots of time at random parties or places where the people I met might not be looking for that.

My purpose, which I wrote in my profile, was to meet someone who was looking to get married and have a family in the not too distant future. So while I wasn't looking for an instant connection, I was looking for someone with those goals and who wanted to get to know me - platonically, romantically, in every way, by going on dates to see if there was potential for a long term relationship leading to marriage. Typing and talking back and forth for a long time before meeting or hanging out as friends wasn't going to work for me. Almost all the people I met through on line sites felt exactly the same way.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived