you know what I dont understand about this situation? He gave me his full name cause he wanted to add me on facebook. He gave me his outside email address and his screen name so we could chat. We had a really good conversation and he told me he would definitely email me. I dont understand why you go through all that trouble and interact with someone off the site if you're really not interested or just trying to be nice. i wouldnt give out that information unless I was really interested in actually meeting up.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
im not cut out for dating. im really not. and it sucks because I have no other choice. I still feel like if I could just go on one date, I would start to feel better about the whole thing, but I have been meeting lots of guys online and in real life and it never leads to a date or anything. I have to admit that I feel worse about myself now than I did when I actively started dating again. I'm really not sure how change my attitude about it. I try not to care, but I still end up feeling hurt when no one will even give me a chance and take me on a date.

Why not take a break from dating and focus on you?

well, i definitely didnt know about all these dating "rules" and all that until my most recent ex broke up with me at 24 years old. I didnt know I was supposed to wait for the guy to contact me and not chase and all that goodstuff when I was younger, so maybe he doesnt know "dating etiquette" either. Plus he's a self proclaimed feminist, haha. I dont think he believes in all that stuff.

or yeah, maybe he's just immature.

Well, to me, "not knowing" is part of immaturity. As you experience and learn more, you mature. I'm not saying he's "immature". That would imply he's not mature for his age. What I meant to say is that when two people, one 18 and another 24, get together, there's more than likely a maturity mismatch there.

Well, to me, "not knowing" is part of immaturity. As you experience and learn more, you mature. I'm not saying he's "immature". That would imply he's not mature for his age. What I meant to say is that when two people, one 18 and another 24, get together, there's more than likely a maturity mismatch there.

I agree. I wouldn't say he's being immature, but rather, he's simply acting his age - bearing in mind he was 17 not so long ago, still a kid really if you think about it. So yes, I would definitely agree with those who say that 25 and 18 are at completely different stages in life.

yes, definitely. he is just acting his age. I was never an 18 year old guy though, so i have no idea what could be going through his head. He said he is not online much and rarely uses a cell phone, so maybe that's why it took him a while to write me back. We talked about meeting up, but I dont want to push it and scare him away.

did you give it him?

yup, i gave it to him and he texted me a bunch yesterday. I sent him a text today because he sent the last one yesterday but didnt hear back from him. I'm not a huge texter, he says he isn't either... he said he loses his phone a lot.. i wonder if he will ever dial my number and talk to me or if he will just keep texting me. I'm not big on talking or texting, but im kinda interested to see if he calls. He said he wanted to hang out with me soon, but hasn't made any official plans, so i guess i should just wait and see...

this guy is so confusing to me! we texted a bunch like 5 days ago, I texted him once the next and he didnt respond... and then i didnt hear from him until about 20 minutes ago. He was like, "i havnt heard from you in a while" and told me when he was free to meet up. I think he is young and maybe doesnt either understand pursuing a woman or doesnt believe in it... I'm not sure. Anyways, he asked me for my number the other day, then he told me when he was free today, so i think things are on the right track... a little slower than I am used to, but maybe that's not a bad thing!

eh don't look into it too much. i talked to this one girl from online and she wanted to text. when i mentioned i wanted to call her she freaked out and thought i was too pushy.

like hello.. alexander graham bell didn't invent the telephone so we could write messages to each other

yeah, exactly! it seems like a lot of people on these sites start talking to you with the idea that you are going to start a relationship with them right off the bat. it's kiinda scary. theres no friends first. when you start talkign with someone or eventually meeting them, its like you both know that the other is judging you based on if they think they could marry you.

Archived