Please Help! Am I misinterpreting the situation or is my gut right?

grayclouds

That is weird. A handshake and an extended hand always comes with a "hello" or some type of greeting. if you haven't talked to your dad, now is the perfect time, "our neighbor is acting strange. I was walking down the street and he was walking in the opposite direction. He reached out for my hand like he was going to shake my hand, but he just held onto it and didn't say hello or nice to see you. I didn't know how to react to that..."

He may just be social awkward and harmless or he's one to really really distance yourself from. I would continue to be careful, but next time try not to give him the time of day. It seems you can't follow the behavior of what any other person would do because he doesn't react like most people would

I'm sorry...I left a couple of details out (I should've include them). This is what happened: My dad and I were headed out. So, we're walking down the hallway (my dad in front with me walking behind him because the hallways are kind of narrow). This guy was headed towards us. He saw my dad and greeted him with a handshake, said "hello", how are you doing?". He's shaking my dad's hand and greeting him, but his eyes are on me. It was me that he was looking at. Then, as my father kept walking ahead, this guy just looked at me, gave me a slight smile and reached out for a handshake. That was when he didn't say anything and just kind of held my hand until I pulled my hand away from him as I continued to walk away.

Part of me wanted to tell my dad but, we were in a rush and I also didn't want to make a scene right in the main hallway. Plus, I didn't think it was the right time to explain everything.

Do you have a boyfriend you could sort of hang out with around your place? If you do, have him hang with you in case this guy shows up, and tell him to stare the dude down. Intimidate him.

Basically any guy will do, just have him give the guy a dirty look. As a guy myself, I know he likes you, and he may never take things beyond handshakes, but you don't have to patronize him if you don't want to. He's one of those people that either can't read other people or he's in denial. Actually he might just be straight up crazy.

Do you have a boyfriend you could sort of hang out with around your place? If you do, have him hang with you in case this guy shows up, and tell him to stare the dude down. Intimidate him.

Basically any guy will do, just have him give the guy a dirty look. As a guy myself, I know he likes you, and he may never take things beyond handshakes, but you don't have to patronize him if you don't want to. He's one of those people that either can't read other people or he's in denial. Actually he might just be straight up crazy.

Thanks for replying. Unfortunately, I don't have a boyfriend at the moment..or any guy friends around right now so, I can't put your idea to use, but thanks for the suggestion.

Archived