Help with creating a comprehensive life plan

Lady Rashomon

I was thinking about this recently, and I feel that I really need to get clear on a lot of things in my life that I've probably only peripherally given some thought to but haven't fully articulated--stuff like values, major life goals, lifestyle, dreams, temperament, wants and needs, etc. I have a fairly good idea of who I am and what I want, but I have an issue with being too vague around defining myself--mainly because I don't like to be too rigid and cage myself into narrow definitions. However, I do think that having a specific and comprehensive "life plan" (that's amenable to some twists and turns, of course) would help me to feel more empowered about the direction my life is going and be less of a victim--especially with respect to my intimate relationship.

Does anybody know of any good resources/tools to help articulate some of these things? I've taken the Meyers/Briggs personality test and Enneagram, which are fairly useful when it come to understanding my temperament--but I guess I was thinking of something more along the lines of a comprehensive rubric where you can fill in the blanks or crank out data that is applicable. Any help would be great.

Archived