"Protecting" your gf

thathoopla

I'm coming in pretty late on this but here's what I think:

If a chick just says "F--- you!" to someone in a public place, they obviously have no class. If I were the boyfriend to that said chick, I'd be totally embarrassed, and I'd probably leave the room.

What's kind of ticking me off is that OP you keep saying "Oh if she was crying though wouldn't you help her?"

No. She was rude and any response she got in return for saying that would be completely deserved. It comes down to "Don't dish it out if you can't take it." Don't be rude and classless, then cry like a baby when someone decides to insult you back. That's hypocritical and manipulative.

And also, I am SO annoyed by those girls who will get mouthy and rude with other people and then will say "Wait till I tell my boyfriends blah blah blah...he'll come and beat you up (or whatever)". A boyfriend is not a bodyguard and even though we'd like him to protect us if we were in danger (I'm thinking like if a mountain lion is attacking you or some weirdo is creeping on you) he's not there to fight all the battles his girlfriend starts.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would be embarrassed if my boyfriend jumped in to "save" me unless it was getting physical. I mean if a guy was about to punch me in the face then heck yeah I want my boyfriend to step in. But if someone was being mean to me or something, I can hold my own ground mentally.

Archived